E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

that run was fing frightning... good god.. Of course the pics don't do it justice.
51634550894_c513ff9913_c.jpg

Here's the calm view of the top of that.

I washed my bike today, first time in almost a year. I guess I over did it, because it ran like crap for a few hours utill the metal plug dried out. After about 5 hours it went back to normal.

I think it's been about a year since installing the Shimano 4 piston on the front caliper. I've gone through 3 sets of pads. I guess 3 sets in a year isn't too bad, but damnit man they're like $35 a set. I like to keep spares on hand so this time I ordered, for the first time a set of H03C metal pads. I want to see if they last and longer. They're going to have to be really great forme to order them again because they cost $55. I just oprdered 1 set incase I don't like them.

Something I want to add to the list superior things on my bike, that I don't think gets any recognition, is how good my stock paint is, which is red. After over 8 years there's not one chip in the paint on my frame anywhere,and the colot hasn't faded. No scratches either. After washing a years worth of grime off, the color is as bright as new. There is a lot of orange peal, so it's not perfect, but the quality of the paint is very good, and durable.

Oh art though so humble.
Paint is not performance enhancing bruh
Plaster it on Google comments and call er a day huh

Seriously, joking aside, you must use regen?

Theodore Voltaire said:
Something I want to add to the list superior things on my bike, that I don't think gets any recognition, is how good my stock paint is, which is red. After over 8 years there's not one chip in the paint on my frame anywhere,and the colot hasn't faded. No scratches either. After washing a years worth of grime off, the color is as bright as new. There is a lot of orange peal, so it's not perfect, but the quality of the paint is very good, and durable.

calab said:
Oh art though so humble.
Paint is not performance enhancing bruh
Plaster it on Google comments and call er a day huh

Seriously, joking aside, you must use regen?

Theodore Voltaire said:

WTH, you must be new. Everyone knows a shiny clean bike goes faster than a dirty bike. :wink:

Yeah, the regen is great for braking, but I almost never use it anymore ,becaue it tends to loosen up the axle bolts. That never happens if you don't use it.

51634751950_a7b1669c19_c.jpg

Oh fine... whatever.. So what are you trying to say?? Mr. perfect paint?? always showing off your shiny red color.....some of us have had 3 different colors on our bike... Some of us can't commit to one color... some of us walk into our garage... see the same old color every single day constantly...same color every day...maybe we look out the window see the neighbors color.. and yearn for somthing new...
Or I just scratched the shit out my paint and have a friend w a autobody shop... either way..

Nope, not new, just freakin' :mrgreen: :flame: if you know what I mean ;)

You need a pinching torque arm if the axle is loosening the bolts up. I am sure you know all about this.

It is a very nice "ebike" that you have there.
Lots and lots of benefits to a dirty bike, looks are one thing man. That does not mean your drive train or bearings have to be dirty, heck its preferable you scratch off the XTR labels :thumb:

Theodore Voltaire said:
WTH, you must be new. Everyone knows a shiny clean bike goes faster than a dirty bike. :wink:

Yeah, the regen is great for braking, but I almost never use it anymore ,becaue it tends to loosen up the axle bolts. That never happens if you don't use it.

Yeah, I think the torque arm is a common problem on all the bombers. I've learned if I torque the bolt down close to stripping it out, it lasts a while before the axle bolts loosen up, but It's been so long since I used the regen I don't miss it. I'm thinking it's probably better on the battery not to suddenly whack it will a bunch of current, but that might just be stupid paranoia on my part.

I've never really had an issue with the bolts loosing up even using regen. I discovered that my swingarm has a very narrow slot for the axle. I've actually tightened it so the motor takes a pounding with a rubber mallet to get it to go in to the swingarm. Ill be sending pics soon of this to help illustrate it.
51633072347_4f7942c72c_c.jpg

I know another view... boooring,,,

After 5 months this wound findly proved fatal. I found my tire lifeless and flabby in the garage yesterday. I aired it back up, but a couple hours later it was going soft again. I think the bicycle slime worked well in the cooler winter, but it couldn't handle the heat now that it's gotten warmer. What works better is the tubeless tire slime that comes in the gallon jug. It has solid particles in it that the bicycle variety lacks. Of course I needed my bike for a 30 mile communte today, so I had to replace the tube last night. The good news is I've gotten so good at removing the rear wheel it's not nearly the hassle it used to be.
Tire nose ring.jpg

1abv said:
51634122458_9364f26aa3_c.jpg

BIB MOUSSE never ever ever get a flat again!!!

I've read about them. They're probably not for me, because I think it would be too flabby for street riding, but I really like the idea of it.

I don't see why someone couldn't figure out a way to fill a tube with some kind of liquid rubber that turns solid, but you could add air to the tube. If you get a puncture you'll still have to replace the tube, but you'd still be able to limp home.

I just remembered back when I was a kid, in my 50s, I tried stuffing a pool noodle in on top of my tube on my china girl notor bike, but as I seem to recall it didn't work out very well.

https://us.rabaconda.com/blogs/news/bib-mousse-tire-changer

Hey I just got a hot idea. What about running your rim tubeless, and put a BIB MOUSSE inside the tire? You could run air pressure in your tire, but if it got a puncture, it wouldn't go flat.

51634752130_8183489f38_c.jpg

What did the fish say to the fish bowl....... Tanks... get it ???? Tanks???? see because there is a rusted water tank in the pic???? never mind...

I don’t know if anyone has noticed, but boxxbike seems to have lowered their prices by quite a bit. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 3BF41B26-193E-4E49-B9FD-002021046FB0.jpeg
    3BF41B26-193E-4E49-B9FD-002021046FB0.jpeg
    722 KB · Views: 720
51662913726_13b099c36e_c.jpg

Some Socal for your nocal....

As far as the prices last time I checked they only came w Ohlins Suspension now they have the craptastic DNM and Killah stuff..
I was riding w my bud today on a Talaria w the stock killah suspension which was ok until we got into hardpack high speed or stuff where you really needed to know where your front end is... Or anything you want to be comfortable one..... Or well... maybe they are good for when you are pushing the bike in the garage?? Oh!! I bet they work well when you toss them off a cliff...

Theodore Voltaire said:
After 5 months this wound findly proved fatal. I found my tire lifeless and flabby in the garage yesterday. I aired it back up, but a couple hours later it was going soft again. I think the bicycle slime worked well in the cooler winter, but it couldn't handle the heat now that it's gotten warmer. What works better is the tubeless tire slime that comes in the gallon jug. It has solid particles in it that the bicycle variety lacks. Of course I needed my bike for a 30 mile communte today, so I had to replace the tube last night. The good news is I've gotten so good at removing the rear wheel it's not nearly the hassle it used to be.
Tire nose ring.jpg

Can't you just fill it up with slime? sure it will add rotational mass :shock: but damn it would last a lot longer. :lol:

1abv said:
51662913726_13b099c36e_c.jpg

Some Socal for your nocal....

As far as the prices last time I checked they only came w Ohlins Suspension now they have the craptastic DNM and Killah stuff..
I was riding w my bud today on a Talaria w the stock killah suspension which was ok until we got into hardpack high speed or stuff where you really needed to know where your front end is... Or anything you want to be comfortable one..... Or well... maybe they are good for when you are pushing the bike in the garage?? Oh!! I bet they work well when you toss them off a cliff...
Hands down some great riding areas you got.

Back