Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5, vlcd6 and xh18

hey . I think this is right thread. is it possible to read avg motor power and avg speed ?

Ok. Ive taken the plunge and just ordered a 48V 750W kit from pswpower. Will report the controller revision once delivered (if I figure out how to check that)...
Thanks

automobilklub said:
... 48V 750W kit from pswpower. Will report the controller revision once delivered (if I figure out how to check that)...
First test
1. Try if it is possible to change the speedlimit the easy way.
If yes, it is the old V1 controller
If no, you could have the new V2 controller

To be sure of it, do the second test
Measure the Voltage between GND and SWIM pin.
5V it is the old V1 controller
0V it is the new V2 controller

Today two motors 36v 250W from PSW arrived from the warehouse in Germany.

Compared to my older deliveries, this time there is an additional piece of cable with the typical TSDZ connections in the package. So I had the fear that it could be the new controller version.

I have tested both motors, the speed can be adjusted in the menu and there is a voltage of 5V between PIN 1 and 5 (only if the display is switched on).

So it's still the old, programmable controller Version.

Anikea said:
...two motors 36v 250W from PSW ........
..... it's still the old, programmable controller Version.
Thanks for this confirmation.
It's a pity that spycrash still hasn't given feedback about his measurements, but you indicate that PSW Power still supplies the old V1 controller

Good to hear it's v1. So I've also just ordered one. I'll try to remember to update this thread with version info when I receive it

Elinx said:
spycrash said:

I bought it 1 year ago. ....

I'll check the voltage on the speed sensor connector. Any picture with which holes I must measure?
Until now there were only reports that PSWpower was still selling the old v1 controller.

Checking the Version of the controller:
file.php
Can I measure it in the end of the extension which splits into the speed sensor and the lights?

aiGAVop.jpeg

It reads 0v here

spycrash said:
Can I measure it in the end of the extension which splits into the speed sensor and the lights?....
No, there are fewer connections inside that connector. It is also not possible to use this for flashing
You must disconnect the speedsensor and measure the motor connector.

NB
Out of curiosity. What's in that aluminum box? :)

Ive received my order from Pswpower and immediately checked the version.
There is 5v between gnd and swim pins so its a v1...luckily.
I have also wired and flashed ktlcd3 display using file KT-LCD3-v0.19.0.hex.
Then I went on with flashing the motor with TSDZ2-v.0.19.0.hex.
I have read and saved all 3 tabs just in case-ok
Then tried to flash with osf...
First, Ive had error option byte not verified.
After couple tries, connecting 3.3v and rst, flashed fine with no errors. Disconnected the stlink and connected the battery. Switched the display on and it only shows initial screen, with assist on 0 and up/down remote arrows dont work. Cannot change anything, only switch it on and off. Tried several times-same effect.
What have I done wrong?
Closed and sealed my lcd3 now and cannot try another software (ie v20).
What else can I try?
Please help, I want to convert my bike and start using it :cry:

Attachments

• 20220713_210439.jpg
    20220713_210439.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 1,579
  • 20220713_210532.jpg
    20220713_210532.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,579
Were you able to flash a new LCD3? mine taken these days no longer has the ST8 chip but MM32 (ST32 compatible?), other user on PSWpower took an LCD and he also has the MM32.
What chip did you read the initials?

My lcd3 has STM8S105 chip in it. Flashed with v.19 just fine...
Opened it up again to check for shorts, none visible. Will try to update it with v.20 later on.
As I didnt wanted to splice the display cables, I have soldered them directly to the board. But cant see any fault in there either...

Attachments

• 20220714_075746.jpg
    20220714_075746.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,559
  • 20220714_075800.jpg
    20220714_075800.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,559
Lucky , did you buy it now?
my chip is here https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=110682&start=1375

I have found my ktlcd3 on ebay. Never used but old.
Flashed fine.
Now I ve tried to flash v.20 and my Stlink seems dead... No lights, windows "discover" sound can be heard but stprogrammer does not connect with the motor or lcd. 5V output is present but on 3.3V line, only 2.02V.
Seems as I have bad luck with this conversion...:(
Ordered new stlink and waiting... Will update once received.
Thanks!

automobilklub said:
I have found my ktlcd3 on ebay. Never used but old.
Flashed fine.
Now I ve tried to flash v.20 and my Stlink seems dead... No lights, windows "discover" sound can be heard but stprogrammer does not connect with the motor or lcd. 5V output is present but on 3.3V line, only 2.02V.
Seems as I have bad luck with this conversion...:(
Ordered new stlink and waiting... Will update once received.
Thanks!

any error from stprogrammer?

Error: cannot communicate with the device.
Just tried new Stlink and flashing ver 19 is still same: Successful in the stprogrammer (both lcd and motor) but once switched on, no controls from the up/down arrows, only power button works.
Now tried the ver 20 and this sems to have worked - now I have all the controls, can change values and enter parameter menu.
So it seems as ver19 is not compatible for some strange reason with my setup from Pswpower but ver 20 is.
Thanks for all your replies, I will update once installed and ridden (if I manage to get through the setup):)

paul67 said:
Good to hear it's v1. So I've also just ordered one. I'll try to remember to update this thread with version info when I receive it
The one I ordered from PSPower arrived. It has 5V on the speed sensor pins so should be v1.
ATTACH]

paul67 said:
paul67 said:
The one I ordered from PSPower arrived. It has 5V on the speed sensor pins so should be v1.

how do you feel about the new clutch ? feels lots easier?

I'm fitting it to my first conversion - so excited... wish me luck :) I'm going out now to get some tools for the task.

paul67 said:
:thumb:
Good luck with mounting and flashing :)

anyone here ever calibrated their torque sensor with vlcd5? if so please tell me how it works and how complex it is. :thumb:

Matze_Senpai said:
anyone here ever calibrated their torque sensor with vlcd5? if so please tell me how it works and how complex it is. :thumb:

you need to select to display torq sens value and check with pedal free and fully pressed . note this and put it after into first tab where the values are

Matze_Senpai said:
...calibrated their torque sensor with vlcd5? ...
Go to hidden menu
Read TE and TE1, the last one with your weight on the pedal.
...... OR
With supportlevel 1:
Push light button 6 times
If E04 flashes push again 2 times
read 3 digits zero value
read 3 digits with weight on the pedal

Write down the two values (zero and max)
Enter them inside javaconfigurator and flash the controller again.

thanks, doesn't sound too complicated !
now how do i get into hidden menu? i disable setting parameter in configurator btw(it was just too sketchy)

Back