Cyclone 1000w Cruiser

Fantastic job on the pulley! Great idea.
If the diameter of the bare pulley was just slightly too small but you lay on enough epoxy to build it up, the excess will squeeze out when you wrap the belt around it for casting and take up the slack.

What did you use for mold release?

If you have motor heat issues, you could consider adding a small fan inside the box. I'm not sure what kind of air flow you'll get with just the wind. Hopefully a fan will be unnecessary.

It's going to look awesome with carbon fiber panels :twisted:

Thanks for the positive feedback guys.
fechter the mold release was an unlabled bottle given to me by Aussiejester.
I believe it was the type used for fiberglass work.
The weather is very mild here at the moment, so I have had no heat issues. I don't expect any even when it warms up, as there is a nice passage way on the inside of each of the panels where they bow out away from the battery. Also air can contact the motor from the underside of the frame.
The contoller has been nice and cool sitting up on top of the battery, the front is nice and open with the panels scoopping a lot of air on to the controller and around the sides.
I am leaning towards a red powder coat colour for the frame with the black carbon fiber panels.
I have now done about 100km of testing, max speed 60kmh, with no issues, so I think the pull down and repaint will be soon.
Cheers,
Matt.

I was at the powder coaters today and discovered that they had a new candy blue colour available.
I like it better than the red that I was going to get.
So here is the finished frame.
evcruiserframe2.jpg

evcruiserframe1.jpg

Cheers,
Matt.

Hi Matt,

your paint skill is GOOD too. The paint covers very well for the joining, seen it as One great piece of work. Keep it UP!! :D :D

kentlim

Ok my cruiser is pretty much finished.
I have gone for a carbon fiber finish on the covers and a candy blue powder on the frame. The paint looks heaps better to the naked eye, the blue is over the top of a silver base and looks brilliant.
Here are some photos.

evcruiser18.jpg

evcruiser19.jpg

evcruiser20.jpg

evcruiser21.jpg

Cheers,
Matt.

Hi Mr matt,

wow 3x
From 8 points almost completed Now you hit 110% perfert. how did you do your the carbon fibre finished ? i am deeply impressed by the total finished bike. excced the factory standard for hi ends ones. yes

You are the best of the best ones.
cheers !!
kentlim

ditto the other comments, a simply beautiful build.
Its this kind of bike that will propel the hobby to where it should be :)

D

nicobie said:
You did good!

How fast will it go? It sure looks fast :twisted:

Nick
Nick it does 60kmh.
kentlim26 said:
Hi Mr matt,

wow 3x
From 8 points almost completed Now you hit 110% perfert. how did you do your the carbon fibre finished ? i am deeply impressed by the total finished bike. excced the factory standard for hi ends ones. yes

You are the best of the best ones.
cheers !!
kentlim
kentlim I used 3mm clear acrylic with carbon fiber vinyl sheet.

Thank you everyone for the kind remarks,
Cheers,
Matt.

really a very nice bike......BUT.....can you ride it without ridicule??

nineball said:
r.can you ride it without ridicule??

Soz Matt... but WTF are you asking nineball? "can he ride it without Ridicule"... I seen Matts bike its freaking pro, all Matt gets is compliments....

AJ

Matt bought his crusier up my way today for a ride about the hills, we also marked out a 100meter run to see how the cruiser accelerates. I captured all this on video!

[youtube]i66L_xOQYik[/youtube]

I thought it would have been a lil quicker but considering Matt is still using a COMPLETELY stock cyclone controller with 40amp max? Its a pretty decent effort IMO...Next Matt...Kelly controller? THEN lookout!

...excellent stuff none the less Matt SUPER impressive build and so freakin quiet i couldnt belieeeeeve it TOTALLY SILENT guys Hub motor owners EAT YOUR HEART OUT 3 speed and SILENT muahahaha

KiM

EDIT: Correction the Cyclone Speed Controller is 35amp max not 40amp as per reported above.

now thats a ride,that i would ride with pride 8)
Definatly one of the best ebike builds ive seen,& being able to see your build from some bicycle frames to this is like wow.
the end result,looks priceless
very inspiring for anyone thats interested,definatly makes me want to learn how to weld & get ceative.
thanks m8 for sharing your skills on e.s

Second Video shows the hill climbing ability of Matts cruiser, at this stage of the ride my trike literally had smoke coming from the motor (check my thread for video of that LoL) It was a blessing in disguise though it gives you all an indication of the hills i deal with where i live.

[youtube]44X6EI5W8kY[/youtube]

Matt hit the bottom at ~50km/hr pulling over the top at an impressive 31km/hr!

Good stuff buddy :)

KiM

My Bike told me that when she grows up she wants to be like Matt’s Bike! :D
Awesome bike you have there!

I just ran into this thread from the Belt drive Sprockets thread over at:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=26122

And I just had to post and give this a bump. No way this build (with all pix intact) should get lost in the shuffle.

Super sharp, and according to the op's post on the sprockets thread, still going strong!

If mine ends up 1/2 as cool, I'll be well pleased.

Katou

I'd seen and drooled over the bike before but somehow missed the build thread as well.

It's flat out amazing. I'm not a street bike type but if I lived in the city, I'd be all over a bike like that. Wow! My favorite color too.

There's so much talent between you Aussies, you guys should really be putting your heads together and forming the ultimate electric chopper company. Seriously. The world needs more bikes like this!

Back