Attachments

• Astro Flight motor.jpg
    Astro Flight motor.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 16,748
  • 3210.pdf
    554.8 KB · Views: 530
  • 3210 motor (Alibre .stp file).zip
    142.5 KB · Views: 258
I'm a fan of posting as many file types as possible. Step files (.stp) are pretty good - their Solidworks and Alibre support both seem to consistently work well.

HXT / TURNIGY C80100-130 housing model.

TURNIGYC80100-130.jpg

Attachments

• HXT80-100 ProE.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 433
  • hxt80-100 STEP.zip
    115.3 KB · Views: 518
  • turnigy80-100-PDF.pdf
    175.4 KB · Views: 626
Schematic for 2 speed, belt or chain, retro-direct gearbox design
Ref: http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=7679&start=0

file.php

Attachments

• Retro drive-train.pdf
    281.5 KB · Views: 525
BMC 750 watt non Hub-Motor (based on personal measurements with a ruler, so the exact dimensions shouldn't be trusted)

BMC Motor.jpg

Attachments

• BMC Motor - Step File.zip
    89.9 KB · Views: 256
  • BMC Motor - Solidworks File.zip
    22 bytes · Views: 346
  • BMC Motor - 02.PDF
    76.2 KB · Views: 365
I'm currently doing an independent study course at Appalachian State University in which I'm building an electric bike. I'm using that HXT 80-100b 130kv motor with some Li-Poly batteries. Since I'm doing this for a course, I need to make sure I document the whole process, so I'm trying to design the reduction on AutoCAD using the computers at my school.

If you guys could convert the drawings of the HXT motor to an AutoCAD file, I would really appreciate it! I tried to do it in the computer lab, but I couldn't get it to work. :( Those drawings look great!

Daniel

Thanks for the drawing! I got downloaded it, but the only discrepancy was that it displayed the motor as a 3d wireframe drawing; not a problem at all. I've been relearning AutoCAD, so it's been fun for me to download CAD files of pulleys as well. If you guys are interested, I can send you the reduction/motor box ("powerbox") when I'm finished designing it. Thanks for the help!

Daniel

Electric Motorcycle Horn

Model kindly provided by RIVCO http://rivcoproducts.com/

Attachments

• Electric motorcycle horn.jpg
    Electric motorcycle horn.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 15,373
  • Electric motorcycle horn.zip
    204.2 KB · Views: 204
  • Electric Motorcycle Horn.pdf
    675.3 KB · Views: 284
Hi All,
I would also like to suggest that we add .iges and .stl to the list. These also are neutral file formats that are commonly used.

Here are some files for #25 chain. The number of teeth is in the file name. Let me know if you need anything specific (i.e. a particular number of teeth etc) I will see what I can do.

Roller_Chain__25_32T_12T.png

Attachments

• Roller Chain_#25_35T_12T_igs.zip
    556.4 KB · Views: 310
  • Roller Chain_#25_35T_12T_sat.zip
    334 KB · Views: 227
  • Roller Chain_#25_35T_12T_stp.zip
    339.4 KB · Views: 227
  • Roller_Chain_#25_35T_12T.png
    96.9 KB · Views: 3,839
Dirt-E-Dan said:
If you guys could convert the drawings of the HXT motor to an AutoCAD file, I would really appreciate it!
Daniel

Most professional CAD systems can convert a drawing to DXF which can almost always be imported to Autocad. Been there, done that.

mclovin said:
Here are some files for #25 chain. The number of teeth is in the file name. Let me know if you need anything specific (i.e. a particular number of teeth etc) I will see what I can do.

Roller_Chain__25_32T_12T.png
Hi mclovin,

What package did you use to create this with?

I tried to do the same thing once with TurboCad, but the PC almost ground to a halt after half a dozen links!

Alan

Chain-1.jpg

I used Inventor 2009. The links are modeled as a single part made to look like an assembly. You need anything in particular?

mclovin said:
I used Inventor 2009. The links are modeled as a single part made to look like an assembly. You need anything in particular?

I was just playing with TurboCad when I did the piece of chain, but eventually gave up because the processing was taking ages as I added more links.
It was originally done purely as an exercise just to see what I could do with TurboCad, but I never got as far as a chainwheel, rear sprockets and wheels etc. which was my original plan.

I managed to get as far as this:
Chain2.jpg

And then I gave up because I'd finally run out of patience!

I'll have to take a look at inventor 2009 when I get chance.

I don't need anything in particular, but thanks for asking.

Alan

Since you have a surface (and possibly a texture and raytracing) on that model, you might want to make sure that the object pieces have their inner (non visible) surfaces turned off (are not double-sided). I don't know TurboCad, but in Lightwave3D that is an option for each poly.

Also, make sure you reduce the number of polys as much as possible. You can make each one of the flat surfaces of each link (the two sides) as a single poly, if you didn't already do so. It's likely that it's made of several triangles by default, and that is expensive in rendering power.

Making sure you reduce the number of points can be important too, by ensuring that you weld together each part of an object so all the points at edges line up and are joined. For instance, the curved edges of the link plates can be a long series of rectangular or triangular polys, which may or may not line up with the points on the large flat sides of the plates. If they do line up and you weld them to make each coincident point pair (or set) a single point, then it can save rendering time (and prevent surfacing errors in case of bugs in shaders).

Reducing intersections of parts can help, too, wherever parts go thru another object and disappear. When the pins go in the plate, just cut them off right at the flat surface. Don't bore an actual hole in the plate poly, as it just adds more points (which you could eliminate by welding, though). The visual effect is identical either way. Don't use end polys on the roller cylinders. They'll never be seen, so they don't need to exist. Any other poly that will never be visible should be removed.

If you have an object like a chain link you are building in the object creator/modeller, you don't even need to create a whole link--you can create one outer plate and one pin at one end of the plate, then in the layout or scene builder just clone that and mirror it, flip it 180, and it is now a complete single link. Then just do the same for the inner plate and the roller. Link them all up and you can animate them if desired, once you set up the linkages in your animation editor (I don't really deal with animation much, so can't help there).

Thanks for all that information amberwolf, but I don't know how much of it will be relevant to TurboCad.

When I get some spare time I will have a play with it and see how many of your suggestions I can use.

Alan

Back