Full-throttle's 2nd - in progress

That's a nice project and nice frame!

Just pay attention to is the cells insulation between the bike frame and the cell envelop.. the thinny blue plastic shield is not very strong and if it short to the bike frame.. its not good.... :shock:

Doc

Yesterday I had the cells on the frame with the polycarbonate spacers in place - there's 1mm on each side of a cell for extra insulation. Either mylar tape, heatshrink or bike tubes. Downtube is duct taped too.

There shouldn't be any sharp edges - I'll roll the last 5mm of the plate and the box blends in with the fork on one end and the swingarm on the other. There will be duct tape, ohyeah!

Hey...I recognise that bench....why didn't you call me to take a look today?

That looks really, really good. Almost a shame to cover it in duct tape. But at least duct tape is camouflage. I'm afraid my battery box looks far too much like a petrol tank. My bike will look like a motorbike....not stealthy at all.

Yours could be stealthy. Duct tape, or maybe a sewn cover with a zip? Spandex anyone?

Mark_A_W said:
That looks really, really good. Almost a shame to cover it in duct tape. But at least duct tape is camouflage. I'm afraid my battery box looks far too much like a petrol tank. My bike will look like a motorbike....not stealthy at all.

Yours could be stealthy. Duct tape, or maybe a sewn cover with a zip? Spandex anyone?

Anything that looks like a bike bag / pannier bag is good for stealth. Adrian_SM did this.

P.s. the mounting is looking awesome!

very nice build so far,cant wait to see the end result :wink: ..
tell me ,how much did the mac 500 with the metal gears set you back,i may be interested in one.i just cant find the prices on the net..
im also in aust,sydney
thanks

Very nice work Dmitrii, I'm impressed. There's some great builds coming out of Australia for sure and thanks for the previous plug :)

Hi,

Great build.

I heard that those Mac motors are practically the same as the BMC ones - the outer casing certainly looks the same at any rate. The metal planetary gears are the way to go - I've seen a few of the nylon ones that had stripped out.

Mark_A_W said:
Hey...I recognise that bench....why didn't you call me to take a look today?

He could maybe use spandex fabric and seweing velcro instead of duct tape that will leave a sticky film on that nice setup

Some more progress:
Fitted the tyreswheels.jpg

Put the frame back togetherseq1.jpgseq2.jpgseq3.jpgseq4.jpgseq5.jpg

Fitted the drivetrain, front brake, strapped the controller and went for a quick spin - it was quite wet, so didn't go far. Very impressive motor! Magic carpet suspension. Got a bit carried away doing burn-outs - had a first stack, no video sorry.
1st_ride.jpgsideview.jpgThe controller will move of course.

Later that evening lengthened the hose on the rear brake and that's about it..

Next: gear shifter and cable, controller.

Edit: the pictures come out funny.

AWWWSOME!!

That's frickin unreal!

Can you send me bigger pics?

Burnouts? Mine doesn't do burnouts!? Which gears are you running?

It looks so cool without all the commuter crap on mine (mudguards and lights...).

Oh, what spring are you using on the shock?

Do you need me to give back the 600lb one? Or order a ~450 or something to replace it?

Very nice build indeed, look forward to seeing some videos...

KiM

Man. I have so got to get a decent full suspension bike. Don't suppose you have another frame like that laying around somewhere? :D

Can't wait to see it in the flesh, and give it a spin. Are you riding it in tomorrow?

Awesome job. Looks pretty close to my dream bike.

- Adrian

Awesome bike, gotta get a good vid up man!! Does that controller go underneath the battery tray? Be interested to see how stout this hubmotor is, they sure leave alot of room for everything else though! Can't wait to see some numbers on this beast, like range, weight, and top speed.

Thanks guys for all your comments!!
Mark_A_W said:
Burnouts? Mine doesn't do burnouts!?
1) Instant Start
2) Left-hand front brake
3) Wet driveway
4) Practice (but I did ended up in a conifer once it gained traction :oops: )

Mark_A_W said:
Which gears are you running?
3 x nylon, will see how long they last.

Mark_A_W said:
Oh, what spring are you using on the shock?

Do you need me to give back the 600lb one? Or order a ~450 or something to replace it?
350x2.75, you're welcome to keep the 600 unless you want to get a diff one.

adrian_sm said:
Man. I have so got to get a decent full suspension bike. Don't suppose you have another frame like that laying around somewhere? :D
Actually, I do. Sintesi Bazooka, Sintesi Q-Rage, GT i-drive. Take a pick. You'll need to fix the cracks though :)

adrian_sm said:
Can't wait to see it in the flesh, and give it a spin. Are you riding it in tomorrow?

Awesome job. Looks pretty close to my dream bike.

- Adrian
Didn't ride it in. Its not finished yet - all the wiring everywhere.

etard said:
Awesome bike, gotta get a good vid up man!!
AussieJester said:
Very nice build indeed, look forward to seeing some videos...
No worries, just placed an order for a helmet cam - my old one ended up in the rear sprockets..

Kim, your cruiser looks unreal! Is there anything on it you haven't build from scratch, modified or tinkered with?

Cool, what current limit are you running on it ?
Doing burnouts with 3 nylon gears and given how long Mark's lasted I'm guessing come the weekend you'll be rebuilding it with metal gears :lol:
I've got one of these MAC motors on the way too so I'm interested to see how they hold up.

amberwolf said:
That is a neat-looking pack! **saves all pics to "ideas to steal" folder** :)
What a comedian, as if you'd build anything that looked neat :lol:

Back