Y-pedal's two stage RC drive..........

Hi,

Ypedal said:
Daaamn.. that's a huge B...H ! :shock:

*reminds self he has an Agni 95 Reinforced and a 72v 500 amp controller on the shelf !! :twisted:
Pictured next to an Agni:
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=249609#p249609
markobetti said:
i GOT THE MOTOR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE IS THE SICKEST THING I SAW :) :) :) : ): :) :) ....

TODAY I WILL SEE HAL AND WE WILL TRY TO TEST IT. HERE ARE THE PICTURES . MOTOR CONSTRUCTION LOOKS OUTSTANDING
THIS MOTOR IS MADE FOR INDUSTRIAL APPLICATION FOR SURE , HE IS NOT SO LIGHT. HAS AROUND 5.5KG .

DEFINITELY HAS A LOT OF SPACE FOR AIR FLOW ON UPPER AND DOWN PART OF THE STATOR.

HERE ARE THE PICS : SIZE COMPARISON WITH CIGARETTES AND AGNI :)

I think you need to add more reduction to the motor.

Reduce your no load speeds by 50%, get more torque.

^^Agreed... gearing is way too tall for the motor imo, this could be alot to do with the excessive heat the motor is producing?

KiM

yep... and these numbers will be even higher with 12 cell lipo.. so a 50 % reduction sounds about right.. just not sure how the hell i'm going to get it out of this setup !! ( clearance issues.. ) I can bolt a bigger sproket to the rear ENO.. and a larger pulley on the 2nd stage.. a reduction chainring on the outside for a few more teeth..

oh joy.. :D

:twisted: Don't forget the Wheelie Bars :twisted:

MitchJi said:
Hi Y,
Ypedal said:
The RC version of my dream ebike will come in the form of a KMX trike with multiple motors, a quad 3210 maybe ? would sound freakin great...! :twisted:
How about 2 of these these (or maybe 1) 15kw RC outrunners Hal and Marko are working on?

Sensored, water cooling (optional), 5.2kg per motor, priced at about $300 each, designed to be connected in multi-motor configurations:
Graphic1.jpg

Gee, what post did you see this at? Those wires look tiny compared to the motor, but I guess that's how things go when the motors go huge. It just seems unlikely that it'd carry 15 kW, but maybe it's a "High voltage" type of motor?

Hi,

Ypedal said:
yep... and these numbers will be even higher with 12 cell lipo.. so a 50 % reduction sounds about right.. just not sure how the hell i'm going to get it out of this setup !! ( clearance issues.. )
oh joy.. :D
Why don't you use two chains to the Nuvinci, to go directly to a FW on the Nuvinci, bypassing the crank, like Gary did here with the Nexus 3:
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=12267
The drive part of this is really pretty simple. There's separate chains to the rear for the motor and for the pedals. Both rear sprockets are attached to the SRF-3 hub, via a standard Nexus 16T splined steel cog (also available at UtahTrikes.com...). I'm using a Nexus cog because they are dished slightly, which helps in the alignment of the chains. This steel cog is sandwiched between a 22T 4-hole 64mm BCD "granny gear" aluminum mountain bike sprocket, and a 94T aluminum #35 heavy duty go kart sprocket I got from gokartgalaxy.com. This sprocket already comes with a 2-1/8" hole and four holes in a compatible 64mm BCD pattern. The 16T cog lines up perfectly, so it literally just bolts together. I used some small 3/8" wide spacers I got from McMaster, to space the two sprockets apart a bit. This assembly then slides onto the splined hub and is held in place with the circlip. The big #35 sprocket is on the inside. The 22T sprocket ends up being perfectly aligned with the chainline coming from the crankset.

To keep the motor from driving the pedals, I replaced the front crank with an IPS crankset, which has an embedded freewheel. I'm having some adapters made, however, that will eliminate the need for having to add a FW to the crank. The adapter will replace the 22T sprocket with threads that will allow a standard BMX freewheel to be screwed onto the adapter. These come in sizes from 16T to 22T, so it will be easier to match a stock setup.
I think you can use a FW for the pedal chain, and a fixed sprocket for your Motor using the FW on Matt's reduction drive(if there is room for both a FW and fixed sprocket on the Nuvinci). That would replicate the effect of Gary's adaptor meaning the Motor won't back-drive the chain to the BB. I'd try to limit the reduction to about 3:1 between Matt's drive and the Nuvinci.

swbluto said:
Gee, what post did you see this at? Those wires look tiny compared to the motor, but I guess that's how things go when the motors go huge. It just seems unlikely that it'd carry 15 kW, but maybe it's a "High voltage" type of motor?
Using the sensors (optional) it doesn't have the normal RC Motor voltage limitations imposed by the necessity of using RC esc's. Luke thinks with the water cooling (optional) it will handle twice that. Here's the thread. The description of the version of the motor with Hal's tweaks begins roughly on page 8:
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16728

Dusting this thread off for an update.

My RC bike has REAR BRAKES !!!!!!!!!... :D I got an adapter for the 203mm rotor and i picked up an avid BB5 caliper, oh the joy of stopping power !.. love'n it !

And... crossing my fingers.. but LiPo should land tomorrow ! :eek:

I've been riding the bike a few times a week during the last month or so, it has been holding up well so far, damn i hope i'm not jinxing it.. I'm getting used to the nuvinci shiting habbits along with throttle position to hold for best efficiency ( cruising at 20 amps, half throttle )

Took it off-road, the motor mount is holding up well to hard hits, rear hookworm is not a good offroad tire but does the job for light trail duty.

Talk about an attention magnet this thing is.. yikes...

So you are just making do with the current gearing or you have changed what you could??

Are you going higher voltage with the new batteries?

Yeeehawww.... Lipo really put some pep in the RC bike's step !

49v hot off the charger and with 10ah worth of 20C on board i'm pulling 100 amps + at 46~47v !!!!!!! That poor little astro is really gonna cook now ! :twisted:

If i can carefully keep the throttle and gear ratio just before the belt skips i think it now will give the chopper some competition in the 100 meter dash. :D

Thank god i now have back brakes !

Ypedal said:
I'll trade you for an X5 !! :D

( You owe it to yourself to try one of these hubs at 100v 60+ amps in a 20" rim )
You owe it to yourself to try a motor that can put up with the setup you have. :mrgreen:

I agree a huge hubbie cranks. I hate the weight, though.

Matt

swbluto said:
MitchJi said:
Hi Y,
Ypedal said:
The RC version of my dream ebike will come in the form of a KMX trike with multiple motors, a quad 3210 maybe ? would sound freakin great...! :twisted:
How about 2 of these these (or maybe 1) 15kw RC outrunners Hal and Marko are working on?

Sensored, water cooling (optional), 5.2kg per motor, priced at about $300 each, designed to be connected in multi-motor configurations:
Graphic1.jpg

This is not the motor we are working on. On the picture is a motor from some factory and we discussed before this motor .. Colossus is 100 percent different motor than this ... This is the first test by Hal : http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=16728&start=345

Now that the Chaos is road ready, it's time to lipo the RC bike..

After alot of pondering, i have decided on 20ah.. this is 8 packs in all to fit on the bike... no easy task.

Over the last few days i've been cycling and matching packs, 4 will go on the back of the frame ( disregard the masking tape, just had to make it stay together for a dry fit. )

Attachments

• 20ahpack1.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 569
Damit.... :evil: ... i hate it when the simplest things kick my ass sometimes... i've been sitting with a battery pack in my hands for the last hour pondering how to make a mount inside the triangle to hold that sucker.

the pack on the back will be easy, a bit L bracket with zip ties, velcro and some tape..

But the pack inside the triangle is really giving me a hard time..... any suggestions ? :|

LOTS of tape? :mrgreen:

Ask a stupid question................ :wink:

Sorry, Man, I just had to give you a hard time.

You better get that thing going soon. You are going to love it!

Matt

Back