Fully Touring E-Bike Build done!

vodka

100 W
I just got my new Frame and thought I'll post some Specs & Pics of my new Fully Touring E-Bike Build here...

Frame Set
Riese und Müler Intercontinental black

E-Bike Parts
X-Lyte 5302 rear (black)
48V 50A front digital controller for brushless motor
48V 30AH V2.5 LiFePO4 Battery Pack
Direct Plug-in Cycle Analyst, Version 2.2

Bike-Components:
Marzocchi 44 RLO Fork 2010
Magura MX 165 rear shock
Shimano Ultegra SM-FC6600 Bottom Bracket
SKS Bluemels Mudguards
Avid Code5 Breakes 185mm
Shimano Deore RD-M591 Rear Derailleur black long
Shimano 105 FC-5600 Double Crankset
Ritchey Comp V2 Seat Post
Ritchey Adjustable Oversize 31.8
Ritchey Pro Rizer Oversize 31.8 MTB- Black bar Rise: 20mm
Shimano-Sun MTB Disc Front Wheel XT Single Track
Shimano Ultegra FD-6700 Front Derailleur 2x10
SRAM TRX Trigger Shifters
Schwalbe Marathon Plus Tour MTB Tires HS404 26 x 1.75 (47-559)

28iTj2B.jpg

No kidding! That frame is exactly what I've been saying a good ebike frame should look like. Even if you put all the batts in the frame up front, you still may need a good way to carry 50 pounds home from wallmart or whatever. But it shouldn't HAVE to be a longtail to do that, and it shouldn't be a hardtail at all to carry all that weight. Hardtails and panniers just destroy wheels unless they are specially built for it. The suspension is crude compared to really nice mountain bikes, but on the street it's going to be too nice for the road cracks and potholes.

SWEEET! :mrgreen:

Man...no kidding! Talk about a perfect ebike platform! Beautiful ride, can't wait to see it built!

ngocthach1130 said:
I just soiled my self. How much did that frame cost? It's beautiful.
it's quite expensive, the framekit is about $1500.

dogman said:
The suspension is crude compared to really nice mountain bikes, but on the street it's going to be too nice for the road cracks and potholes.
Drunkskunk said:
But those tiny tires on such a beautifull Bike with thick frame tubes...
yes, It's meant to be a city bike for every day use, so i wouldn't need such hardcore off-road suspensions and tyres.

doc007 said:
nice bike, that frame is definitely built for hauling some serious cargo --> http://www.nascha-radtour.de/images/Rad-Ehr.jpg
i think that's not the intercontinental frame, it's this one: http://www.nascha-radtour.de/italien2007/BilderOrginal/comacchio.jpg

I'm expecting more parts next week... I'll keep you posted. cheers

That's one great looking frame, and what a set of drop outs! I can't wait to see this one built.

Sorry guys I'm still stuck with some spoke problems, hopefully it will all be good soon.
At least the new X5302 motor design is perfect, and I'm now able to use disc brakes,
which was impossible with the old X5304 disc. Also the cable routing has improved badly! :p

img7456s.jpg

Just WOW, so beautiful build bike and NICE JOB!

i have to say that this frame is truly fantastic, especially when having the battery load on the back rack. the 5302 is a bit fast so i probably go back to 5304 and upgrade to 72V 20Ah for more torque.

a other test ride :mrgreen: funny my old htc phone camera has a bit of a warp-effect :D

[youtube]unfDaJpb31Y[/youtube]

today I did my self a favor and installed DNP 7 Speed Freewheel with a 11T Small Cog. It's not as good quality as the original shimano, but it's the only one that will fit the Crystalyte hub. Now I'm able to pedal easy at 45 km/h with a 53T chainring and 11T small cog i got a Gear ratio of 1 : 4.82.

img7503s.jpg

Very nice build. I hope you get many years of enjoyment. Nice video, and I find it interesting that you phone video likes vodka also!

That intercontinental frame is perfect for Ebiking
it has that extra cross bar that could be a platform for batteries and looks really rugged.
However on their website, they do not have any USA dealers.
http://www.en.r-m.de/products/productfinder/travelexpert/intercontinental/

Has anyone bought one in the U.S. or had one shipped to the U.S.?
I wonder how much their intercontinental fully finished bike costs?

I guess they do have an ebike "jetstream"
http://www.en.r-m.de/products/productguide/riding-for-pleasure/jetstream/
but it doesn't look like its available yet.

Hey fellows, got some detail updates on my bike:

img8548s.jpg

built a new wheel with a x5303, Black 13G Spokes from Taiwan, a strong DeeVee Downhill rim.
A x5303 on 26" @ 48V is the perfect combination in my opinion.

img8546s.jpg

bought a nice lightweight double kickstand

img7508s.jpg

Chariot Bike Trailer Axle Mount ezHitch

img8552s.jpg

SSC P7 Bike lamp. lovin' it!

img8545s.jpg

and yes, I found these universal light clamps 18-40mm form CatEye, to
mount normal mudguards on downhill Suspension Forks.

img8558s.jpg

img8547s.jpg

Not only is that a great looking build, but those are some excellent photographs! Great contrast and really sharp. What camera are you using (sorry to get off topic).

michaelplogue said:
Not only is that a great looking build, but those are some excellent photographs! Great contrast and really sharp. What camera are you using (sorry to get off topic).

cheers for that... the camera is only a Canon EOS 400D on a tripod.

Your bike is so beautiful. Is your hub motor an 5302? I watched your vids seems too fast speeding and Love it.

What brand the tire and size? It looks good also.

chroot said:
Is your hub motor an 5302? I watched your vids seems too fast speeding and Love it.
i had a 5302 but now i'm going with a 5303 now. as mentioned in the post above "A x5303 on 26" @ 48V is the perfect combination in my opinion." the bike does about 53km/h (GPS) btw

chroot said:
What brand the tire and size? It looks good also.
I actually don't know the brand "traveler" maybe? 1.90 x 26" it was a cheap one, i usually go with Schwalbe marathon tires.

Ah Gotcha, thanks. Why not try Maxxis Hookworm 26x2.5 tires and I am not sure if it able fit the gap between swing arms with the 2.5 wide tire.

chroot said:
Ah Gotcha, thanks. Why not try Maxxis Hookworm 26x2.5 tires and I am not sure if it able fit the gap between swing arms with the 2.5 wide tire.
:D cool maybe the next ones!

Back