New to the forum... and... trying to find #25 sprocket 55t

BladeScraper

100 mW
Hi guys, just joined. I modified my E100 to be crazy powerful, I used a Scorpion HK 4025-740Kv, running a HobbyWing 100A ESC and a 3s 5000mAh LiPo. I have also run it on a 6s 3000mAh LiPo and its even more insane.

Unfortunately the motor is getting a bit too hot and I want to gear it down a bit. I am currently using the stock gearing that comes with the E100. I want to find a bigger wheel sprocket (~55t) that will fit on the E100 rear wheel (meaning 4 bolt hole pattern)

Anywhere I can find one?

Thanks

okp said:
welcome

sorry, it's a bit off topic; but I used to run skorpion motors when I was into heli RC... they were AWESOME.
Speaking of, I still am into helis :) check out my youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/kpilotrchelis

I got this motor for a 500mm class heli but never used it. So it just sat... I had to find something to do with it :p

torqueboards said:
They have a 54T here --> http://www.vexrobotics.com/vexpro/sprockets-and-chain/25-sprockets.html

You probably have to customize it though. One of these days I want to run an 80mm Brushless motor on a custom built scooter :mrgreen:
Thanks I'll check it out.

I may just do this. Although the power and acceleration is mental in the current setup (I put my watt meter on and got a peak of 1041 Watts :shock: ) everything gets very hot and I don't want to burn it out. I am going to upgrade to either 6s or 12s power.... 12s will cost twice as much due to the price of High Voltage ESC's but temps will be lower and acceleration will be absolutely ridiculous :D

I'm thinking of the Turnigy 6374-192Kv if I go 12s. It's huge, and has a wattage rating twice that of my motor :D if I go 6s, I will be doing the Turnigy SK3 480Kv 700 Size helicopter motor probably.

Just a few mins ago I decreased the PWM to 8Khz as Scorpion suggests (I was running 32Khz before) and it got more power, ESC was no longer getting hot (barely warm, even without a fan), and the motor took much longer to get hot (it still got hot though, all Scorps do) than before. Now on 3s it has lots of power and the ESC barely gets warm, whereas before I changed the PWM it got very hot.

Back