100-Ah LiFePO4 cells, group buy inquiry

spinningmagnets

Staff member
Many of you know Frank from kWeld. He has a source for quite a few LiFePO4 cells, 100-Ah each. He can get them to us for 100 Euro each, and at todays exchange rate, ($1.07 USD) the cost would be $107 each, plus shipping. Here's the thing, he is in Germany. I am in Kansas, and I am willing to broker a group buy if there is enough interest.

The problem is we don't know how much it is going to cost to ship them to Kansas, and then for me to ship them to you. The "per cell" cost to ship varies widely depending on how big the package is and how heavy it is. Once we know how many cells are coming from Germany, we can calculate the per cell cost for that. Then, you can calculate what it would cost to ship the number of cells you want from Kansas to you.

There is no warranty. The voltage of LiFePO4 is lower than our standard lithium-Ion 18650/21700 cells. Four LiFePO4 cells are a good proxy for a 12V system, and 16 cells have been used with success for 48V system.

The part number is (GBS-LEF100AH-C). They are shaped like a large book

I, like many folks here, have had a great time buying cells and materials from 18650BatteryStore.com

They seem to be running a deep clearance on 105Ah EVE cells, at $60/cell plus shipping. Even at the regular price of $110/cell, it seems much more straightforward to order domestically than arrange from a crate to come from Germany.

Something to consider!

Be sure to compare specs to see which is best suited to your application..
ie, the GBS cell is rated for 3C discharge with a 10C burst (10 sec) capability..

Last edited:
Buying from a local (in country) supplier has many advantages, even if it may appear not to be the best price.
This guy gives the lowdown on the risks of buying online from Alibaba etc..
well worth watching for anyone thinking of buying online, with some useful recommended suppliers.….….
…and some to avoid !

Back