14.4v and 28.8v BMS with data logging

Doomsdayprep

10 µW
HI there guys, seems like im a bit in the deep end with this request and countless hours not paying off, not finding the information im after.
Im launching a device that i would like to have a small 14.4v battery effectively the load that is connected will be disconnected using a relay/contactor .
Now the size or capacity of the battery is by no means big as the portable aspect comes in, it wont be used in any harsh enviroments, but it needs to have data logging for the cells .
Effectively i need a history of the cell voltages from day 1 to the end of life, not only for warranty but also for abuse testing and reporting as well as life span reporting .
My supplier has effectively stated that the BMS system needs to have Logging built in and this is a requirement for me to maintain the warranty of the cells.
Now i have searched high and low and find that all the top spec BMS systems like Orion :roll: Big money and other top BMS manufacturers are all targeting the EV market and have made off the shelf expensive 48v systems .
I would like to design or source a 14.4v BMS with data logging and also use it for 4 and 8 cell applications at a cost effective price in comparison to the orion and expensive bms systems out there.
I cant justify a cost of 600 usd on a small 20ah 12v pack it just doesnt make sense .
All the Bms systems are for ebikes and they work well but dont have low voltage disconnect, or high voltage charge disconnection, and the last thing they dont have is LOGGING .
if any one can shed some light i would be most greatfull, i have gone as far as thinking of a way to impliment logging using a cell log 8m but effectively this has to be enabled every single time and im not sure what time frame it will logg in internal memory before giving up and resorting to disabling the log .
Ideally a bms system with cell logging from around the 50-100 usd mark, i cant imagine using the TI EV boards as not only are they complex to use but also have not been made for retail purchase, effectively meaning they are only for testing purposes .
This leads me to my next big question, from what i can tell it seems like the rest of the world is playing catch up with a lithium battery technology thats been around for a few many years already, almost like a slap in the face manufacturing companies arent yet at the level of search and provide, they are all comfortable making expensive bms systems which they feel apply to their markets ..... and erm forget about the rest.
Please agree or disagree but the house power Mini bms is by all means a good bms but lacks the finesse and the detail required to keep cell factories happy for long term warranty.
I would like to develop a cost effective long lasting battery solution with cost effective bms that wont cost 3 times more then the battery pack it accompanies .

if any one knows of a company that makes a bms like this other then actia Group based in GMBH please do provide some relevant links i think it would go along way to helping me and also other users who might have the same headaches with smaller 14.4 and 28.8 volt systems .
Look forward to your responses .

Back