1Kw GEARED hubs finally here: New Bafang g0hs.1000.dc

Picked up one of these on eBay for 40 bucks brand new, waiting for spokes. Going on a Aostirmotor S17 48v 30a sine wave controller. Been watching this thread for a bit but finally started working on it.
20230805_111018.jpg20230806_083603.jpg

First test ride completed. Goes well at 52v 41A as measured by a wattmeter. Feels punchy but the KT s12sn controller has slow throttle response (are there any good ones out there!!). It feels as powerful as my leaf motor @2500W (50A) but better acceleration possibly? Top speed was approx 50kph but not measured. Showed 57kph with wheel unloaded.

Only issue is heat- an epoxied temp sensor I have mounted in the windings shows very rapidly rising temps when using 2kw continuous up a hill. It’s winter here (10C) and still the windings showed close to 80C, which is probably not too bad but time will tell. I might look at soaking the windings in enamel or something to try and get some heat conduction

Self laced 26” wheel held together ok (pic shown before awesome Grin v4 torque arm added!). I’ve used 12/13 ga butted spokes and a Mavic ex729.

7 speed DNP freewheel with 11t smallest sprocket fits perfectly for this motor.
Could you please show me how you connected everything to the controller. My Yolin display and Lantian controller stopped working whilst I was riding so hoping to copy someone else's setup. I personally want to move away from Yolin and Lantian to KT.

Could you please show me how you connected everything to the controller. My Yolin display and Lantian controller stopped working whilst I was riding so hoping to copy someone else's setup. I personally want to move away from Yolin and Lantian to KT.
Just connected same colour wires and it all just worked.

Took a lot of changing P and C parameters to get it working nicely though.

I am going to try a sensorless KT and then maybe move to a Sabvoton as the throttle response is just too slow on the one I’m using.

Also going to try the open source KT firmware

Last edited:
Just connected same colour wires and it all just worked.

Took a lot of changing P and C parameters to get it working nicely though.

I am going to try a sensorless KT and then maybe move to a Sabvoton as the throttle response is just too slow on the one I’m using.
Thanks mate, I can't find anyone who sells a controller that is compatible with a Julet G11.6 motor connector. Did you strip the G11.6 wire down and soldered on a new connector?

The motor comes with a plug on the end. Provided with it is a matching socket with cable, socket cable has bare wires at the other end.

Throttle response, or motor response?

If you keep the wheel offground, and throttle up, does the motor instantly respond to the input, or is there a delay?

If no delay, it means the throttle response is quick, but the motor response under load is slow because there's insufficient power (phase current) for it to change speeds quickly.

The motor comes with a plug on the end. Provided with it is a matching socket with cable, socket cable has bare wires at the other end.
Oh I see. I had mine pre built so the controller had a female L1121a socket instead of bare wires. I'll try and grab myself a bare wire to female cable. Thanks for your help. It all makes sense now

Hi. I have a kit of this motor, with a 48v 22A controller, WaterProof Julet connectors, 500C display. The display shows 1100-1200w peak. 45-50kmh with 26" on the flat. I have 48v 30A continuous 50A peak batteries. I would like to change the controller. But I have this stupid L1121 motor connector and I don't know much about controllers. I would like to find a cheap and simple solution.
I like julet connectors. I would like to use the 500C screen again.

Adaptateur câble moteur Anderson JST vers Julet 11 voies femelle: I managed to find an L1121 adapter to JST and Anderson are better than nothing.

I don't need the speed and mileage, I have a GPS meter. On the other hand, the power and the battery gauge are useful. Aren't there small displays to plug into the battery terminals?

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005003186940623.html: 92+35 risunmotor. A controller with theoretically L1121, 35A, 15mosfet. A bit expensive and lacks a bit of power. The UCK1 screen is compatible, is the bafang APT 500C compatible if the uck1 is?
I asked the seller questions but obviously they don't know what they are selling.

Thanks.

Back