6 to 1 industrial gear reducer suggestions?

K2ride

1 µW
Hi there,
Looking for a compact 6 to 1 industrial gear reducer fo an Astro Flight 4020 motor; was available from ''Outrider USA'' as indicated in their ''Made in America'' Youtube clip not to long ago but was informed yesterday that they don't sell parts anymore.
Any input on the subject & alternative suggestions would be appreciated.
Specs:
Astro Flight 4020 motor
4000 to 6000W
4,000 to 13,500 RPM
Torque: 10inch ounce/amp
10 count winding
20'' drive wheel
&...
7P/14S battery packs connected in parallel (50E 21700 cells)

Since they don't sell them anymore, will they at least tell you where they bought theirs, and what the model/pn/manufacturer was?

It's likely that places like Grainger and McMaster-Carr have or can get what you are after, if you can give htem enough info. A photo of the one OR used to sell might help them find it for you.

Hi Amberwolf,
Was to ask them about the source but their reply as to availability was kind of firm & final so I didn't pursue the matter any further; they most probably are addressing a backlog of trike & quad orders in the ''Inventory & supply'' status quo of present times & doing it in a responsible way as far as I'm concerned.

My experience after multiple attempts is that McMaster-Car cancels my online orders every time stating that they do not sell to Canadian individuals but I'm to get around this with the help of Vermont business owner friend a few miles from my place (border town)
& will certainly follow your suggestion of ''Grainger''.

Data on the Outrider unit:
-German made ...looks like a Wittenstein product but sure doesn't look like they sell individual units to individuals.
-rated up to 14,000 rpm
-6 to 1 ratio isn't absolute for the gearbox as the gearbox /wheel sprocket ratio is to be added to reach the 6 to i ratio from motor to wheel
I'm thinking 4 to 1 for the gearbox which would allow some fine tuning of the final ratio via the sprockets
but...
not sure of the necessary torque rating needed to couple it to the 4020 motor which is torque constant rated at 10 inch ounces/amps & 1 minute 100amps peak / 75amps max continuous; I'm no engineer but this looks like 10 ounces per inch/amp = 0.0706155 Nm per amp thus 75 amps max continuous x 0.0706155 Nm = 5.297Nm which points a 10Nm rating to be on the safe side but something tells me that I'm way off here & please correct or comfirm the Nm I'm coming up with as a motors don't look to be closely related to torque wrenches.

Also,
After discussing the options of the 4020 motor with an Astro Flight tech/engineer,
he came up with with 4038 to 5040 rpms for high efficiency & a choice of 8,10 or 12 turns windings for 40 to 50mph top speed with a 20'' wheel.

It's a trike build, btw
& it's to be a long range on & off road leisure cruiser but instant torque & speed is a #1 priority in traffic ...& fun once in a while, of course.

Sorry bit new to all this but are you referring to the gearbox? Neugart ple60?

I purchased an outrider recently in Australia and looking to learn more about modding and increasing torque.

Back