8S2P 24v Battery – Help needed.

dmun,
No it never. Never has, and don't think it ever will.
Pings suggested repair did not work also. (sent to you in PM)
Going to shop for a new BMS.
Moving on.

Thanks for your help.

dnmun,

Agreed, at the moment I just don't have the time or "electrical education" to keep on with this one, I have missed a few big dives already because my scooter was not ready.
Winter is closing in fast around here, I do Ice dive but cannot use the scooter under there, so I will have all winter for diagnosing this one.
I need my scooter running asap, and plan to get another Signalab V5, and if I can get this one working properly it will be a spare or put it on a second battery I will build.

In my sport we need duplicates and triplicates of important equipment (life saving equipment) and the scooter/batteries are in that category, I have always planned to build a second battery and that BMS if working will just go onto that pack. Saving me a few bucks then, and giving me a pile of new understanding about battery management systems I never expected to learn.
And if you do not tire of my continuous questions, I will be posting more as soon as I have the new one (before I plug it in).

I would like to meet you one day to thank you in person for your assistance (I travel through the U.S often), and on that day...dinner/drinks are on me :p

Chat soon
Anthony

Here is a picture of the scooter in use, I can go a few miles underwater with this.(a lot further when this new battery is installed !)

Silent Submersion Scooter.jpg

we can educate you to the point where you should be able to diagnose it and fix it on the boat if it fails in use. BMS is very simple. the only batteries i have destroyed was because of discharging it without a BMS.

I believe you can, and will take you up on that.
I have found the knowledge base on this site staggering, and will be reading/researching on here for a very longtime to come.

AjM

Back