A food post to feed your hungry, calculating brains

Dee Jay

100 kW
BBQ!

mmm mmm mmm...

I haven't been able to go on long joy rides much on the old SCR ebike, only to take the boy to and from school... but The Klan got a chance to have a BBQ in great weather..oh yeah

The wife and kids explored the river park whilst I fired up the grill, download some 500 ml cans of Asahi Super Dry beer and rocked out to some DJ mixes. How's that for multitasking? it's time to get nice!
CIMG6105.jpg
I thought I took pics of my Chinese honey/Jack Daniels BBQ pork sizzling in the grill but my drunk ass had a brain-fart..
View attachment 2View attachment CIMG6127.jpg
The BBQ was a success. Leftover BBQ pork was made into BBQ pork buns.

Also cooked another dish over the weekend, something that I haven't cooked in a long while, Seafood Spaghetti yummay!
CIMG6180.jpg
clams
tiger prawns
calamari
tomatoes
the plumpest garlic I could find
white onions
sweet basil
fresh ground black pepper corn
All fresh ingredients !

Couldn't find sea salt nor quality parmesan cheese. Oh well, Kraft. And a bottle of Cheapo Whino-Wine. Not bad for 5 bucks. Hey, I'm no wine snob. Food just tastes great when I'm drunk!

Anyway, yeah Seafood Spaghetti...not a difficult dish to whip up, but preparation takes a bit of time and patience. Gutting and butchering fresh seafood can be a slimy, smelly jobby-job but well worth the effort! And timing is very important otherwise you end up with rubbery prawns and calamari and the clam shells gets too crunchy increasing your chances of chipping a tooth, he he!

fyi Of course you don't eat the clam shells, silly rabbit. :lol:

TTFN ladies & gents
8)
J

Back