ANT BMS ChargeVDIFF not doing anything

HEAD

10 mW
Do you know does this function work? because it seems to do nothing when ON

Every time when ChargeVDiff function is activated, the unitVDiff difference keeps increasing!

I would expect the BMS to charge mostly the lowest group or something.. but it's not doing anything..

the charging balance function gets activated according to the settings I have, but it's just not balancing anything when turned on, shouldn't it charge only/mostly the lowest group or something?

Last edited:
the charging balance function gets activated according to the settings I have, but it's just not balancing anything when turned on, shouldn't it charge only/mostly the lowest group or something?
What are your bms's settings? BMS does not charge the battery a charger does and it charges the whole battery pack. the ant balances by discharging the high cells while your high cells are above the balance start voltage.
later floyd

What are your bms's settings? BMS does not charge the battery a charger does and it charges the whole battery pack. the ant balances by discharging the high cells while your high cells are above the balance start voltage.
later floyd
thanks for the reply
obviously the charger does that charging, but the BMS turns on balancing a specific balance function only while charging if certain conditions are met. don't you know about this??

I just wanna know why it's not balancing anything.. and how it works

Attachments

• 1708210174701.png
    1708210174701.png
    149.8 KB · Views: 11
later floyd
btw the auto balance while at rest also never really works when unbalanced above set value and at rest.. I have turn it manually
it's called auto balance but can be operate only manually ?😫

1. starting balance too late, start it @4.0V or even 3.95V ( Many people disagree with starting balance early)
2. leave the charger hooked up to the battery if you can and let the battery become balanced
3. depending on age, quality, history of the cells 1mv might be asking for too much
On my ant BMS the auto balance functions. But my ant BMS's are old ones from 2018
Later floyd

1. starting balance too late, start it @4.0V or even 3.95V ( Many people disagree with starting balance early)
2. leave the charger hooked up to the battery if you can and let the battery become balanced
3. depending on age, quality, history of the cells 1mv might be asking for too much
On my ant BMS the auto balance functions. But my ant BMS's are old ones from 2018
Later floyd
which parameters you refer to?

those in the picture I attached below are meant for balance during charging,

it turns on only while charging according to the settings I make. I even tried 3.8v for BatStartV to verify what I said(battery was at 3.82v avg ) 1708217894994.png

Back