Anyone repaired a broken wire on TSDZ2 torque sense ring?

raylo32

100 kW
Took my motor apart for routine greasing and one of the wires on the TS ring broke off right at the ring. I have a couple of spare rings on order from AliExpress coming on a slow boat from China but would like to make this work in the interim. I'll try scraping away the silicone where the wires attach to the ring but I am not hopeful. Has anyone here been able to repair this successfully??

Just gave it a try. There were 2 posts under the black goop. 2.6 ohms across the coil. I soldered on some new wires and got the same ohmage. I'll give it a try in the motor tomorrow.

TSDZ2_Torque ring.jpg

Well, good news, bad news. The repaired torque sensor works fine and was a fairly easy job. But in the process of all this work my temperature sensor is messed up. If I enable temperature feature the display starts up showing "high temp shutdown", even when stone cold and I have no motor drive. I did also swap out the controller in this exercise but I have a plug on my temp sensor to go onto the controller throttle connector. Enabled temp, etc, no joy. I went through all the settings and they seem correct so maybe it is seeing an open circuit on the sensor? If I disable the temp feature the motor performs normally and all other functions work correctly. I have double checked that the temp sensor is plugged into the connector. The pins are too tiny for me to check continuity back through the thermistor. Any suggestion as to how to troubleshoot this?

BTW, running 20.1-C.4, update 2, 860C display

Back