Bafang m410 motor blocked

Alexopp

10 mW
The motor completely blocked, those from bafang sent me a replacement motor. I rode the whole winter in minus degrees, snow, and lots of rain. This the weather here, no choice. what can I do to prevent it in the future? How can I make it waterproof? Is it the temperature which fked it up? I deposited it on a completely unheated garage then started pumping the motor 20 km daily at minus 15 C. Thanks!

All my hub motor has gotten stuck from storing the bike in a garage, hot and cold. Even now my large hub motor gets stuck so I have to lift and throw my bike across a room and for the first time I was successful. All my other motors has ceased. In the winter I had to pull full throttle and then hit the wheel a bit to get it going until that 2 week vacation.

My first motor ceased in this way. My get back to work present hehe.

The difference here is you have got a mid motor which I would say it getting stuck is very rare and maybe a mechanical problem. Which there should be a fix. Careful with the nuts and bolts as they usually are like butter. If you know you know.

The motor completely blocked, those from bafang sent me a replacement motor. I rode the whole winter in minus degrees, snow, and lots of rain. This the weather here, no choice. what can I do to prevent it in the future? How can I make it waterproof? Is it the temperature which fked it up? I deposited it on a completely unheated garage then started pumping the motor 20 km daily at minus 15 C. Thanks!
You'd need to tell us what the specific problem was with the failed motor, for us to help with a way to prevent the same failure again.

Without knowing that, I can only suggest reading the years of posts on the forum about failed motors and solutions used to prevent them, as there are far too many possibilities to give you a list.

If you don't know the failure mode, you'll need to diagnose it first, such as by opening it up and checking for various types of failures; testing to see if it's the actual motor or the controller (if the manufacturer sent you a whole unit; if htey sent just the motor then you already have it out and can diagnose it, post pictures, etc).

Back