Bafang Ultra 1000 needs work

Hi I ordered a pawl clutch and primary gear from green bike . Still waiting for delivery. I guessed my clutch was starting to go out when my cranks keptslipping then catching. bought a clutch from ca e bikes but it was different. The newclutch paws fins are larger than the old ones and have a fin on them so you need to purchase b oth parts.. I was lucky to find a complete motor kit , which ipurchased and replaced while i wait for my parts. Thesemotors have alot of torque, I broke my chain ,derailler, and derailler hanger when i first got the bike. Had to wait for delivery from frey for new hanger(about a month) but i bought 3 extras in case someone needs one

If the cranks are slipping its not the 1 way clutch, Motor was an easy teardown. The two little gears come right out (the one way bearing) and the other gear that used to be teflon , mine was metal . then disconnect controller To get the big gear out(primary steelgear) turnover casing and smack a couple times on the workbench it will come right out inside that is the pawl clutch and 2 shaft bearings really easy . The hardest part is finding the parts Hopefully green bike comes through 100.00 for primary gear and pawl clutch dont know if bearings are coming with them that includes 7 day shipping HA HA its been a week today , but idid get a message that they had shipped through USPS

noeldog2000 said:
Hi I ordered a pawl clutch and primary gear from green bike . Still waiting for delivery. I guessed my clutch was starting to go out when my cranks keptslipping then catching. bought a clutch from ca e bikes but it was different. The newclutch paws fins are larger than the old ones and have a fin on them so you need to purchase b oth parts.. I was lucky to find a complete motor kit , which ipurchased and replaced while i wait for my parts. Thesemotors have alot of torque, I broke my chain ,derailler, and derailler hanger when i first got the bike. Had to wait for delivery from frey for new hanger(about a month) but i bought 3 extras in case someone needs one

The newer taller clutch needs to be installed together with the new type of main gear. 2020 Bafang Ultras all come with this new type.

I bought both from Greenbikekit. Luckily I bought the main gear with the clutch, otherwise I would’ve been screwed...

When switching to the new setup there will be a part left out in the assembly. A tall grommet with rollers inside the main gear will be left out. It’s not required anymore since the new type of main gear has it built in the gear itself.

Bearings come with the gears with Greenbikekit. I think they always do. As did with Frey.

Back