Bionx PL500HS, Dahon MU SL, Schlumpf High Speed Drive

Makes no difference...the guy is no longer around. I was going to go ahead and persue this for 2 kits, (just to see what happened) but when I clicked on the linky, the boy has been "deactivated".

Join Now | Sign In | TradeManager | Help |
Alibaba.com Homepage

* For Buyers
* For Sellers
* My Alibaba
o Message Center
o Display Products
o Post Buying Leads
* Community
* News

Home > Contact Now
Contact Now

Sorry, this member has been de-activated and cannot receive your message.
Please try another one.

I started to post blah blah blah all this bad stuff. Well I actually did, then ran downstairs and opened up my controller. and although I dont have a camera here at the house. Its definately not bionx.

It looked like some cheap hand made electronics with heavy heavy solder all over it and chinese writing..

SO you guys were right.. Its a clone of sorts I suppose. nothing on the inside says bionx. Now Im suspecting I may have NiMH instead of Lifepo4.

Ahh well..

Well, from the outside it looks exactly like the bionx in the store at laguna electric cyclery, electronics work the same, same labeling. Im gonna go and pull out the battery pack and see whats inside.

I hope its not 12 c size energizers lol...

Going out to eat.. I'll post my review of "the $260 bionx clone" later lol..

nutsandvolts said:
DahonElectric said:
And the battery voltage. I can understand a 36v, but 37v? What kind of cell is this?

There are 3.6V and 3.7V lithium cells. I have packs that are 5 cell 3.7V = 18.5 (x2 = 37V)
There appears to be both versions (voltages) in LiCo, LiPo, and LiMn.

I was referring to the 37v 18Ah battery configuration, since Bionx offers the 36v 9.6 Ah Lithium Ion (Lithium-Manganese Li-Mn) and since this particular 37v battery is a Lithium Polymer and according to the picture provided by that distributor fits inside that Bionx battery box. I like to know the cell configuration (particularly cell formulation (which industry standard) and capacity) to achieve almost double the capacity as a regular Lithium Manganese battery and yet manage to have the same size..

Having said that, I'm not doubting a cheap Bionx kit at all, but his kit is practically giving away these high capacity Lithium Polymer batteries, especially looking at the specs earlier having high discharge rate to power the big honking motor as well as quick recharge rate. Those stuff itself is expensive. That's why I'm interested to see where we can buy those batteries for practically nothing..

you have the link for the $470 optibike
I'd like to check it out.

jboss said:
Those are nice kits.. But heres the deal.. You pay over 10X the actual cost for the kit.

I have been buying those kits for $260 from Indonesia. Bionx has a 1 man european factory they built just for show. All the kits are made in indonesia then shipped throughout europe to have a few spokes installed for the made in europe sticker.

PM me and Ill send you the indonesian website with prices etc.

Sorry, I just hate seeing people get stung like this.

I found another listing on the Alibaba website to buy it for $350 but they have a minimum order of 20 units. It's a different name:
SalesDepartment,Mr Berry Prima
Electric Parodi Bike Ltd

I wonder if it's the same guy with another alias?

When jboss asked me to PM him for more info, that was a big red flag for scam. I played along anyways. Hope no one fell for it.

lol..

I dropped it. Because I didnt want you to to get butt hurt because you paid $1800 for a $260 kit..

I even pretended my kits werent origional bionx so you didnt get your feelings hurt even more.

I asked for a PM because I did not want him to get shot down like you made sure he did because you were a sucker for buying a $260 kit for $1800. Why didnt you actually call Laguna cyclery? or you just didnt want him to laugh at you because he buys his kits from the same guy?

So I guess I shoulda kept my mouth shut about the whole thing.

I do understand though, if I paid $1800 for a Kit no better than a $300 wilderness energy kit Id be pissed too..

So now you complained, he cannot sell them freely as he did for the passed 3 years.. But you rock nonutsandvolts because you shut him down lol..

Its sooo funny you cant see passed anything except that you NEEED to believe your kit is worth $1800 :D :D :D :D

retard.

To the rest of you do your due dilligence before buying any kit. Or be an idiot like "Nutz" and run right in, take a test ride and slap $1800 on the counter lol.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:

I'm the "sucker" as you say that purchased the Bionx kit. I am very satisfied with the kit and just wanted to give a brief review of my experience with it. I do not feel I was duped in anyway when I purchased the kit retail. We all have to make a living. Last, I have no affiliation with Bionx or Electric Cyclery or any hidden agendas unlike yourself. jboss, I feel you should troll for suckers that may fall for your scam on another forum.

I meant Dennis. Not Nutsandvolts (sorry nutsandvolts)

I am unsure about the people on Alibaba. He had been selling there for 3 years. Over a 2 year period I bought 6. Plenty of people bought from him, I didnt see any people that were ripped off or anything. My first order took over a month and I froze his Paypal account because I assumed he skipped town. But I Ordered another two a couple months later, no hard feelings.

SO, lets the subject go. Ill have to wait to buy more kits now.

Forum admin, please lock this subject.

and Dennis, if you accuse me of something because you cant face the truth ........... nevermind

Im gonna say its Bionics I have, you are going to say its not, on and on and on. Then when I show you it is Bionx, you will raise more hell and go after your supplier putting more pressure on indonesian suppliers on and on and on.

So please lock the subject.

dennis said:
I'm the "sucker" as you say that purchased the Bionx kit. I am very satisfied with the kit and just wanted to give a brief review of my experience with it. I do not feel I was duped in anyway when I purchased the kit retail. We all have to make a living. Last, I have no affiliation with Bionx or Electric Cyclery or any hidden agendas unlike yourself. jboss, I feel you should troll for suckers that may fall for your scam on another forum.

You are retarded... :eek:

yes I have numerous aliases and secret contacts in europe and indonesia, I have a whole network of people behind me (like the sprint cellular commercial) just to get $260 from someone on this website.

dude, go in the bathroom, look in the mirror then punch yourself in the face for being a tard :D

Oh yeah....

Im in cahoots with these scammers too
heres a cyclone kit for $700 http://cgi.ebay.com/1000w-Motorised-Electric-Motor-Bike-Bicycle-Kit-e-bike_W0QQitemZ310065731741QQihZ021QQcategoryZ98083QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and heres a cyclone kit for $100 ($78 for 300 pcs) http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/101237483/500w_Motorised_Electric_Motor_Bike_Bicycle.html

Dennis,, we are all out to scam you for another $1800.. Please send us your $$ 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

The above links are called "DUE DILLIGENCE" most people do this before buying a product they are new to.

Getting pretty defensive aren't we? :wink: Pictures speak a thousand words, please post a few of your Bionx kitted bike that you claim to have.

OK, but you must swear to bow down and take a picture with a caption saying "you are the man" and "Im sorry for not being able to get over myself and see the truth"

As soon as you post your sworn statement on this I will post pictures. Or instead will you say,, Ohh Noooo you bought that for $1800 like me Grrr that doesnt prove anything lol..

HAHA, as you see its a no win situation. I started out trying to help, and in the beginning I should have thought about what I was posting and your feelings on it, but instead I blew it and posted that I got the same kits for 1/8 the price and of course your ego was ruptured, you felt like you were raped and "I" was the bad guy for pointing it out to you.

So on the cyclone kits there is a 700% markup, yours was 800% whats the difference? Can you not see it because of your ego?

I also give the kit a good review, not excellent but good.

jboss said:
sorry, just tired..

I'll try and get close ups this week..

which board would you like pictures of

jboss, it seems you have already promised to post pictures. Where are they? That's it, I'm done wasting my time.

because Dennis accused me of "scamming people" lol

I found a good deal, bought some, I dislike Bionx for overcharging and having a fake factory and wanted to share what I have learned about the markup on hybrid bikes

Jboss,

You don't need to buy an $1800 PL500HS model to get into the system. I have a P250 system with the NiMH battery on my Mu SL as well. My setup is similar to Dennis, except I don't have the Schlump drive and I don't have a Li-Ion battery with a big motor, but I'm happy with it. I think when we talk about price, we talk about how much did it take to develop the initial Bionx system and pricing set to recoup those costs. It's easy for someone to copy a product and sell it for $350, because it didn't cost him or her anything to develop it. Maybe some time and a little bit of money to reverse engineer it. To go after these guys is almost impossible and not even worthwhile financial wise. We know it, they know it.

I work for a multinational electronics giant and even our products are copied almost on a yearly basis, sold on eBay for so much less and we get the flack for overpricing. Canadian companies also have higher overhead compared to the US and overseas companies too. All of that is the cost of doing business and Bionx has every right to charge their products, only to stay in business. I don't know if you've seen the movie "China Blue" before. It's a Canadian documentary about how Chinese factories treat their Chinese workers. And yes, this is what your $250 or $350 Bionx clone system is doing to them. I also had actually seen things like this happened first hand in the Philippines where I used to work for another multinational electronics giant that has a factory in Cebu, in the MEPZ (Mactan Export Processing Zone). Suffice to say, you need to see it with your own eyes.

All in all, things like this does save you money, but you are, just like countless others who buy into this system unknowingly support slave labour. Price does speak louder than words in the world now. I think you can say whatever you want about Bionx, just like other people who can say about anything to the rich artists -- if they make millions in recording, why a few pirating songs off the torrent site really doesn't hurt and I felt sorry for those suckers who bought the actual CD. But think twice how many people employed to make that one CD and puts it on the shelf.

nutsandvolts said:
I don't know why anyone would want to still pursue this, if they get anything at all, it's probably a clone. This type of clone is usually built from factory rejects and remanufactured parts bought in bulk. That would include batteries too. What happens to Li cells when they sit on the shelf too long, do not meet factory QA spec, or get returned on RMA? I worked at an electronics manufacturer and have seen all manner of circuit boards from tiny medical devices to huge boards with massive gold fingers. One thing is certain, boards can be identified by their markings. It is not uncommon to fab boards in asia, pretty much doesn't make sense not to these days. But most companies will have their logo or company name on the boards, and the pcb board version numbering should be similar for any manufacturer, same is usually true for IC labeling and part selection. I suppose even $350 is not a lot of money to gamble, but you have no idea what you're getting. My guess is: junk, or perhaps nothing.

Another thing people seemed to ignore is "EQUIPMENT SAFETY". Is it certified by the local agency before sale? Is it safe? Is it fire safe? Is the control unit safe? Does it have any short circuit protection? Does it have a safety feature to shut the motor off when the control unit is malfunctioning. Is it waterproof enough to be road worthy?

I see people put their lives on the line as guinea pigs for cheap asian knockoffs all the time. Cell phone batteries of unknown origin. What if it actually explodes or caused a fire? Yes, $350 is reasonable, but I hope is not a measure of his life.

Every customer I spoke to in the shop I got my bike and kit from and have an electric bike themselves agreed that the Bionx system is very nice. Most of them want it, but the price tag is prohibitive. It's a very clean design and most of the regular cyclists don't even know you're riding one until you hit a hill. The system is really unique in a sense that it measures the power output (the torque applied) to the pedals and then multiples it based on the assist level you set at to get an equivalent wattage (human power + motor power = total power out). Unlike some other ebikes out of there, you do need to put in some work. The exception would be with units that came with throttle control. When it works, it works so well. I would consider this an extension to the bike.
The problem I see with other e-bike concoctions, no offense intended, are that they make them fast because they want to become just like traffic and yes, I've tried the fastest version myself -- a freaking joyride! Probably a recent car to bike convert or someone who's used to going from point A to B in the quickest time possible (the car culture). Whereas cyclists tend to enjoy the scenery in between A and B, so that makes the Bionx system so appealing to all cyclists. What appeals to me is that, I can now use the Bionx bike to commute to work during my recovery days after a hard interval sessions on the track or road (I ride and run competitively). Before, I would just drive to work. This new tool has given me another option besides my car or public transit (which is non-existent in my work area).

Back