• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Build NO 2 Loaded Bhangra

jakeyb2525

10 W
Hi all

I have decided to build a second board as my first build has been stolen by my son!

I also felt i needed a longer board (This maybe too long) as i couldn't get comfortable on the madrid build, although i'm very happy with it for my first build i wanted to try something a bit different.

Parts

*Loaded Bhangra...Flex 1
*195mm Paris v2 50 degree Trucks
*Abec 11 Flywheels 90mm 75a
*Alien Drive 6374 motor mount kit 15T/32T 15mm
*Turnigy SK3 6364 245kv Motor
*Torques 12s ESC
*Torques Anti spark
*Turnigy 7A UBEC
*2 x Zippy 5s 8000ah in series for 10s
*Alien Drive Enclosures

Board, trucks and wheels came today so I've started to put it together.....

Hopefully i've not gone over the top with the length of the board, but it already feels more comfortable for me just standing on it....

Im hoping the softer wheels and a little board flex will make for a nicer ride ?

I will update as parts arrive...... :mrgreen:

Your first board is next to your computer table, quick!! steal it back from your son!!!!

Nice build, I love those larger boards...

jeroenimo said:
Your first board is next to your computer table, quick!! steal it back from your son!!!!

Nice build, I love those larger boards...

Ha ha ive got no chance he loves it!

I just hope the longer board doesn't ride too sketchy at 20mph :|

haimindo said:
Sweet looking setup! How much does the deck flex? It looks like one of those "dancing longboards"

Thanks..I've i went for flex 1...150 lbs - 250+ lbs and it seems to have just the right amount of flex for my weight

And yeah its a dancer...obviously no downhill board but long as it cruises nice around 20mph ill be happy :D

It's a beaut!! I can imagine any son who's dad builds an electric skate is pretty popular.....and the dad may never see it again.... :lol:

Little update

Torques 12s ESC Arrived yesterday along with the program card :D

So did my Alien Drive system Mount, Hub and pulleys for my Abec fly wheels....

Must say Richard from AD is a top guy....because i want to run a 15mm belt on this set up and he is currently in the process of sorting out his 15mm hub drive pulleys...it has took a few phone calls and tinkering to get it right....But he got it sorted for me...so Thanks for that mate :wink:

If your in the UK and want to build a board Drop Richard an email im sure he will get you sorted!

For any new guys who want to run a 15mm set up on a SK3 motor...its not as easy to do as 9mm so just something to consider before choosing your motor.

The Turnigy 6364 245kv motor isn't as good in single drive as the 6374 192kv IMO...

I have ran it on my MM2 board on 6s, same gear ratio.. i could definitely notice the lack in torque difference when climbing hills...although the 245kv does accelerate a bit quicker, it was struggling a lot more to get me up hills i fly up with my 192kv... it did give me a couple of more MPH top speed... and someone not as big as me would probably feel the benefits of the higher kv, but the 192kv works better for me up hills as a single drive setup....if i go dual drive at any point i will probably use 2 x 245kv

Torques 12s ESC seems to work well....Easy to setup and a lot quieter than the MM2 when breaking...the only thing i don't like is when you ease on the throttle it snaps the motor into action where as the MM2 has a really smooth start up...

Tomorrow im going to get all the electrics put in the Enclosure and get it finished, ill post some pics tomorrow :wink:

Have some new 6355 230KV motors should be done in a week. The motor shaft is about 35mm long so they accommodate 15mm. Most motor shafts. Standard motor shafts are about 27mm so a 15mm pulley would not fit.

15mm does ride better but adds a lot more resistance so much harder to push.

jakeyb2525 said:
Little update

Torques 12s ESC Arrived yesterday along with the program card :D

So did my Alien Drive system Mount, Hub and pulleys for my Abec fly wheels....

Must say Richard from AD is a top guy....because i want to run a 15mm belt on this set up and he is currently in the process of sorting out his 15mm hub drive pulleys...it has took a few phone calls and tinkering to get it right....But he got it sorted for me...so Thanks for that mate :wink:

If your in the UK and want to build a board Drop Richard an email im sure he will get you sorted!

For any new guys who want to run a 15mm set up on a SK3 motor...its not as easy to do as 9mm so just something to consider before choosing your motor.

The Turnigy 6364 245kv motor isn't as good in single drive as the 6374 192kv IMO...

I have ran it on my MM2 board on 6s, same gear ratio.. i could definitely notice the lack in torque difference when climbing hills...although the 245kv does accelerate a bit quicker, it was struggling a lot more to get me up hills i fly up with my 192kv... it did give me a couple of more MPH top speed... and someone not as big as me would probably feel the benefits of the higher kv, but the 192kv works better for me up hills as a single drive setup....if i go dual drive at any point i will probably use 2 x 245kv

Torques 12s ESC seems to work well....Easy to setup and a lot quieter than the MM2 when breaking...the only thing i don't like is when you ease on the throttle it snaps the motor into action where as the MM2 has a really smooth start up...

Tomorrow im going to get all the electrics put in the Enclosure and get it finished, ill post some pics tomorrow :wink:

Hi, can you explain why its hard to use a 15mm setup with the 6364 ?, and what gearing ratio and wheel size did you use when comparing to your other motor?

Back