Controller connections needed

Mjolinor

1 µW
Probably not such an informative topic but here goes.

I bought myself a bike:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-Bicycle-/123040478799?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=4Nwfh%252BHtzMxubY8stJc4HDtswbw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Nothing special just a first entry into the arena. It has no attempt to make itself road legal and I need to do that. To that end I have ordered a pedal sensor dodad from China and am attempting to make sense of the controller wires.

After several hours it is apparent to me that the controller is not bringing out all the wires I need so I am attempting to guess which connections are for the pedal sensor and which connection(s) I need to limit the power and speed to UK road legal requirements. I also need to add a power switch with key. I don't know if they normally have wires for that or if I should jsut use the brake sense wire to prevent it going anywhere.

The controler is clearly out of the same place that this one came from:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=74562
My controller has 4 transistor H bridges so 12 in total, slightly smaller than the one in that thread. The pictures in that thread are almost good enough for me to work out the connections but after being left with streaming eyes trying to work out the letters on the PCB I gave up and thought I would ask if anyone has them.

My PCB connection points are:

SL EBS LED GND3 TB
DC XS GND2 (I think XS seems to be a resistive divider on the throttle resistance so it will slow it but not limit it)
PA3 PF4 PB7 PB6 CR PB4
+5V TA GND
BKL BKL BKH (Brake low, brake low, brake high ?)
SP- SP SP+
H1 SC SB SA H+ (Hall effect from motor)
SC1

These are probably for programming the micro and maybe for "higher functionality" like speed display, cruise control etc I guess)
RST WIM GND +5V +3V GND TX0 RX0
GND TB A AR-IN VB+ MCX1 MCX

Can anyone fill in the blanks. Googling the abbreviations doesn't help and though some of them seem obvious I would rather not blow it up.
Cheers.

Your links are all dead. I assume you have a bike that runs, but only has a throttle?

In order to use your labels, people will have to open their controllers and compare the wires vs the names. That's an unreasonable request to most people. I would suggest that you post a good photo of your existing connectors instead, and you might get an answer if there's an open PAS connector amongst the ones that are not used.

If not, then maybe you can examine unused pads on the board and see if they could support PAS.

I don't know why you can't get the links, they work fine for me.

There are lots of pictures on the forum of the same controller but none of them are good enough for me to follow from the pad to the plug. I have worked a few more out but I am not sure it is worth the effort as they only cost £20 or so to buy a new one and presumably that will come with a diagram.

I assumed that the letters on the PCB were standard and from the ones I have found there does seem to be some standardisation though it seems not to be universal.

Much time, reading and measuring later I have ascertained that "TA" is the pedal sensor input and that "TB" is the "lock" facility that I assume just turns on three of the transistors (one per phase) in order to short circuit the motor connections and prevent the wheel from turning. I have also grounded the regen/brake connection so it should give me some retardation when I pull the brake. The Cruise input works perfectly now that I have grounded the pin internally and that was not brought out either so some functions seem to work as they should but some do not.

Rechecked all the connections and none of them work. I can only assume that they are not enabled in the software.

I tried talking to it with XPD-ebike but I cannot read it. there is some data coming out of the RX pin on power on or when I reset it but I don't know which pin may enable the programming mode, reset certainly does not. I realise that not all of these things can be read but am very reticent to programme it without knowing which device it is. None of the numbers match so mine is probably some clone. The number on the PCB is HY-12, does that ring any bells with anyone?

Back