Converting scooter to e-scooter using Bafang 36V, 250W front HUB and KT-LCD3 - can I use it without PAS installed?

nb75

1 µW
Dear Members,

Apologies if this has been discussed already.
I'm about to build an e-scooter using a beautiful Crussis Road 4.2-2 scooter.
I want to use the Bafang 700CC 250W, 36V front hub KIT which has a KT-LCD3 display. (I used this kit with rear hub motor in one of my bikes).
The question is that can I still use the throtller if I don't connect the PAS sensor since the scooter has not pedals. I know I can program the controller through the display to use throttle only (this is how I used on my bike) - but not sure if I keep the PAS connection cable unconnected will work or not.

Thanks,
Bela Nagy from Hungary.

If it has a throttle only mode it should work without the PAS sensor, but if you already have the kit setup this way on your bike you could test it there by simply unplugging the PAS sensor on the bike.

If it has a throttle only mode it should work without the PAS sensor, but if you already have the kit setup this way on your bike you could test it there by simply unplugging the PAS sensor on the bike.
Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunaly I sold my bike and the kit separately as I didn't use it anymore (swtiched to another bike a and mid motor) so can't test it.

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunaly I sold my bike and the kit separately as I didn't use it anymore (swtiched to another bike a and mid motor) so can't test it.

Back