Criminalizing e-biking

PS, Salt Lake is pretty damn cool. It's pretty liberal and has all the usual amenities a mid sized metro has.. but you can drive 50 miles out and experience complete anarchy. Bring an AR-15 and a few ATVs out into the hills and the only human beings you'll encounter is other people looking to unload some modified and totally illegal full autos into some beer cans or go camp in no man's land. I've found people are really considerate when there's no law around and lots of weapons.

I actually love anarchy zones. My wife's home town in Oregon has no police, just fire service. People are considerate to each other because they know that conflicts have to be resolved in less than ideal ways :lol:

But what i was getting at is that we're all free human beings. Skirt the law or move.. you're only a victim if you internalize the idea that you need/deserve to be controlled by lawmakers who would go so far as to criminalize the most efficient and environmentally sound form of transport ever invented.

Seen in local news...:
http://www.metronews.ca/views/scien...they-weren-t-and-scientists-now-know-why.html

SCIENCE STORY: Nothing Prize
The journal European Neuropsychopharmacology is offering a 10,000-Euro prize, the first of its kind, for achieving nothing. It celebrates negative results: studies that do not support the original hypothesis (i.e., the drug being tested didn't do anything). Often, disappointing results get buried, resulting in wasted money, lost time and a biased body of research.

My submission? New York Mayor Bill de Blasio. Seen here:

New York City Just Declared War on E-Bikes
("Police will step up enforcement against electric bikes—and target the businesses that use them"):
https://www.bicycling.com/culture/new-york-city-just-declared-war-on-e-bikes

"disappointing results"... Like the veritable explosion in use of the bettery-electric bike... elsewhere...
"wasted money"... like using NYC police to chase down "perpetrators"...
"a biased body of research"... D'YA THINK???

quote-most-people-die-at-25-but-are-buried-at-75-benjamin-franklin-87-76-26.jpg

Can't succeed in business? No problem... there's always politics. :roll:

I really do not believe that we should turn this into either a political or religious forum.
There are plenty of those elsewhere.
Let us have one place where the passion is E-Bikes

Hurrah! Hurrah! De Blasio did a complete turnaround and now promoting legalization of e-bikes as a personal transportation and recreational choice. Did we change his mind with our postings here?

chessir said:
Hurrah! Hurrah! De Blasio did a complete turnaround and now promoting legalization of e-bikes as a personal transportation and recreational choice. Did we change his mind with our postings here?

No way. NYC has seized almost 1000 bikes this year already and issued over a half million dollars in tickets.

It was Uber coming to town and wanting to start an ebike rental business that changed their minds. EVen then, if you have the dreaded throttle, the NC cops will still seize your bike and fine you $500, especially if they see you carrying a plastic bag of delivery food.

Still looks illegal in NYC in IMHO. DiBlasio didn`t do jack in April...

[youtube]E8gNUupFDlA[/youtube]

The guy who made this video is an idiot. He is spouting off about laws he has no clue about. In New York State that electric scooter can get you in just as much trouble as a dirt bike on the road. Under NY law that is classified as a motor vehicle regardless of fuel type and is required to be registered. Speed and engine size only determine if you need a motorcycle license and/or liability insurance.

Back