Cycle analyst limiting my speed. all limits disabled .

levleon13

10 W
hey guys , im a bit frustrated .
the thing is i just added CA 3.0 directly in the controller (1500 ) , most of the things seems to work fine beside throttle\speed issues .
when connecting the thumb throttle directly to the analyst , it spins normal with no load , but when im on the bike , it gives short bursts of movement -> then stops and the small throttle indicator on the left starts flashing .
when going to trottle input settings , the V value always changing as it should according to the twist , but the percentage stopped responding .
after 3-4 hours of tries i decided to go home and deal with it later , so ive mounted another throttle directly to the controller, thinking i may bypass the CA .
begging of the ride seemed like the usual , before the CA , but , somehow i only could ride 30-35 kmh ( i get 80 without CA ) .
went through the menu thousand of times making sure theres no speed limit\power limit or anything else but no luck .
any ideas ? had a hard time finding any kind of troubleshooters online also . :(

Also just disconnected only the green cable from the controller, and everything is fine, i go full speed. What do i do wrong with throttle configuration?

levleon13 said:
im a bit frustrated .
the thing is i just added CA 3.0 directly in the controller (1500 ) , most of the things seems to work fine beside throttle\speed issues .
it gives short bursts of movement -> then stops and the small throttle indicator on the left starts flashing
went through the menu thousand of times making sure theres no speed limit\power limit or anything else but no luck .
had a hard time finding any kind of troubleshooters online...
A place to start for information is the manufacturer (Grin Tech) web site which has a documents page and a specific CA V3 page. Both link to the [strike]Un[/strike]offical Guide - download it.

I can only recommend that you restore the CA to default configuration see "H.4 Restoring Factory Default Parameter Settings", then carefully follow the installation directions - which assume the CA has exactly the factory defaults and will not work if settings are otherwise. The bulk of this procedure is very simple, requires no knowledge of the attached controller, and generally works 100% with no trial and error required. If you have a very powerful bike, there may be some additional ramping or gain adjustments to make, but these are covered as well.

As far as the flashing throttle bar is concerned - to me, this is an indication that the fault voltage is improperly configured - which is something that is covered in the basic installation procedure.

Frankly, the Guide is not easy reading for everyone, but if you follow the installation steps as you read them and don't skip around looking for a quick fix, things should go okay... The initial sections may seem boring, but they contain information such as the snippet above that give important operating information to help pinpoint problems.

If this doesn't work out, contact Grin Tech Support - it's excellent and you already paid for it...

thanks , most of it worked , but now i get this stuttering throttles once in a while . trying to figure it out .

hey . configured everything from rbatts to speeds and all , everything fine , but the disconnecting issue is still there .
do you have any idea what could cause that ?
my iV and oV on throttle setting confugired pretty well i think , almost no dead zones .

occasionally , once in like 5 to 10 minutes , no matter at which state ( full speed, slow speed, startup ) , i lose power for about 3-4 seconds , and then it comes back as usual .
on slow speeds i get this stuttering like effect , that reminds of a burnt sensor ( when the motor has a hard time to start , but ok on higher speeds ) .
it is also stutters for few sec and then goes back to normal .

any suggestions would be appreciated

The CA indicates why it is limiting controller operation on the Diagnostics screen. This is described in the installation procedure of the the Guide referenced above.

Take a look at section: "4.7 Test Throttle and Limit Settings (Interpreting Limit Flags)".

If this is not revealing, then you may need to go to Grin Tech Support for more detailed assistance.

Back