Didn't see an introduce yourself section, so...

E-GSX

10 mW
I just signed up after reading a number of posts. I'm an automotive hobbyist that has done a number of engine swaps, but I also enjoy motorcycles and am fairly adept at wiring and things electrical. The Enerjica electric bikes caught my eye, and since I have a mostly intact 1991 Suzuki GSX1100G (original sport tourer) parts bike, I thought I would look into a conversion. I read here about the difficulty of doing a shaft drive conversion, but this fellow on YouTube converted a Honda shaft drive Sabre that has a similar layout to my bike, so there's hope. :)

I'm going to read through more posts here, but wanted to say hello.

Welcome.

I''m currently working n converting a BMW K series bike...slowly I'll admit, So I'll look forward to see what solutions you devise for that shaft drive.

Good Luck

I installed a Chevy V8 into a Supra, and had to use a flange coupler that used 2 different sized u joints to connect the driveshaft with the diff. I haven't taken the shaft drive apart yet but am confident it can be done. Hopefully I can use bolt on parts. Small world, my daily ride now is a 1200RT wet head. Love it.

For motor sizing, my OEM specs are 74 KW or 100 HP @ 7500, and 99NM or 73 lb-ft @4750. I'm still learning about types and options, plus I want to measure the frame to get an idea of how much room there is for batteries.

Back