CDBM2 Dual Battery Manager
1. Material and appearance size
The CDBM2 product adopts a low-pressure injection molding structure, and the heat-dissipating aluminum strip is half-coated structure, which has good heat dissipation, and the low-pressure injection molding material is resistant to high temperature and wear. The material of the shell allows normal use in the temperature of -35℃ to 170℃, and can guarantee good mechanical properties.
2. Function introduction
CDBM2 is a dual battery management module that can connect two batteries at the same time, expanding the battery life of electric vehicles.
1. Isolate the two batteries to prevent the two batteries from charging each other due to voltage difference when they are directly connected, resulting in power loss and battery damage caused by high current charging each other.
2. Two batteries can be discharged at the same time, which relieves the pressure of deep discharge of the battery, prolongs the service life of the battery, and has a longer driving mileage, achieving the effect of 1+1>2 battery. For example: the controller current limit is 15A, If only one 10AH battery is discharged, this battery discharges 15A, which is 1.5C discharge. According to the discharge curve, when the battery voltage is low, high current discharge will pull down the battery voltage, causing the battery to enter low-voltage protection and unable to use the battery 100%. electrical energy. After using our company's dual battery management, battery A and battery B each discharge 7.5A, and only 0.75C discharge. According to the battery discharge curve, the voltage drop caused by 0.75C discharge is smaller than that caused by 1.5C, and it is not easy to enter the low-voltage protection. , which can maximize the use of all the electric energy of the battery to achieve the purpose of longer riding mileage. The riding mileage of 1+1 battery discharged at the same time is greater than the riding mileage of 2 batteries discharged alone.
3. The temperature rise of the BMS caused by the 0.75C battery discharge is smaller, which is beneficial to improve the service life of the BMS, and the smaller discharge current of the battery cell is beneficial to improve the service life of the battery cell.
4. Measure the battery voltage and capacity, and intelligently distribute the discharge current of battery A and battery B. The discharge current of battery A and battery B is large. Battery B has the same state of discharge current.
5. The CDBM2 dual battery management module complies with the original parameters of the controller and the battery. It does not need to modify the parameters of the instrument, controller, battery hardware and software in the original model system. It can be used directly and is well compatible with 24V, 36V, and 48V batteries. .
6. The two batteries are evenly discharged, and the remaining power and voltage are the same. The user can clearly grasp the battery usage and charge the battery in time to avoid the battery running out of power.
7. The maximum load current of the CDBM2 dual battery management module can reach 18A.
3. Working principle
CDBM2 can detect the input voltage of two batteries at the same time, and compare.
1. When two batteries are connected and turned on, CDBM2 will preferentially select the battery with higher battery voltage to discharge, and the other will not discharge. If the battery voltage is high and the discharge amount is small under load conditions, when the voltage of battery A is almost close to the voltage of battery B, battery A and battery B are discharged at the same time.
2. If only one battery is connected, the connected battery can be discharged directly regardless of no-load or load.
3. The CDBM2 dual battery management module itself has a power consumption current of 3.5mA.