Eahora M1ps

Vrooom!

1 mW
Hi, i am interested in this escooter for my work commute. It is a 72v system, battery is 72v40Ah Samsung cells(specifically unknown as of now) i believe the controller is rated at 150max amps and the setup runs 70-80amps. The motor is a custom 4000w QS brushless hub drive. Scooter weighs 175lbs. The vendor supplied ranges for me and a comparison to their next step down model.

My commute is about 45miles one-way ending in several hills. I can charge at work. The 72v can't be upgraded with more battery without much modifications. The model in the comparison can take 2 batteries of 45ah(default) and 55ah(backup), the vendor doesn't state those batteries are Samsung cells.

If i lowered the controller amps on the 72v version , say to 60 or 50, what would be gained and lossed?
Can the less power voltage model handle the hills?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240319-061043.jpg
    Screenshot_20240319-061043.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 4
Since we have no data on your hills, speed, weight, riding conditions, wind, etc., all of which are needed to determine the power required to climb the hills, my best recommendation is to take your complete data on those to the various calculators and simulators, like those at ebikes.ca , and use them with systems / parts they have in their lists that approximate those you want to know if they work, and then see how much power / etc they say you will need to do what you want.

Since the vendor didn't supply the exact riding conditions their ranges are for, you can't really use those to compare with yours. It is highly likely that *if* those are real numbers from actual testing, rather than guesstimations, they only used perfect roads, no winds or actually tailwinds, perfectly flat riding conditions, no traffic, no stops and starts, etc., to make them look the best they possibly could.

Personally, I think the ranges are completely nonsensical, and probably completely made up numbers based on nothing, since they show a higher range for a faster speed, which is not how that works. ;)

So, I wouldn't trust any information they provide to you at all, about anything.

I think the ranges are backwards for the speeds, i.e. 1 goes with 3 and 3 with 1
Given the bullshit the vendor gives with data. For arguments sake, if i lowered their stated amperage of 80amps to 60 or 50 would i get more range? Same top speed but less acceleration?

It all depends on your specific riding conditions and usage, as I noted before.

Assuming you were riding such that you were generally pulling the max amps of the system at 80A, then lowering it would increase your range because you'd draw less current.

But you would have lower speed if the speed you need requires power higher than the lower limit allows. (this is where you go simulate or calculate your actual usage and conditions to figure out the result of changing things).

Same for acceleration--if your conditions and usage use that 80A, lowering it lowers that, too. By how much? depends on your usage and conditions.

I think the ranges are backwards for the speeds, i.e. 1 goes with 3 and 3 with 1
Could be, but if they can't even get that obvious thing right (or fixed), can you trust anything else they say? Can they get the numbers right for *anything* (watts, amps, volts, speed, capacity, size, weight, etc)?

You can't know unless you throw money at them and (hopefully) get a product of some sort that you can then test and verify.... Too risky, to me.

Also consider that the range of the battery will decrease with age. If it is close now, it may not get you to work in a year or two. You might consider an ebike instead of a scooter. You can pedal that if the battery fails. Pedaling can also extend the range.

Also consider that the range of the battery will decrease with age. If it is close now, it may not get you to work in a year or two. You might consider an ebike instead of a scooter. You can pedal that if the battery fails. Pedaling can also extend the range.
Most likely my commute will shorten in the next year or two. Hopefully I'll be able to put together my own 50s mega pack ⚡

Back