EM3EV 52V Jumbo Shark battery dimensions + adapter

DoverPine

1 µW
Hello all, I’m brand new here and embarking on my first DIY Ebike journey.

I purchased a BBSHD kit from Luna, including a 52V mini 3 amp charger.

For the battery I wanted larger capacity than what they offered so was looking at the EM3EV 52V Jumbo Shark pack. It looks like I need an adapter as the EM3EV uses a proprietary plug while the Luna charger looks to be XT60 - does that sound right?

Also, I can’t seem to find accurate and more detailed dimensions for this battery pack. The photo provided on the EM3EV website basically just shows the rectangular dimensions. Of course the battery isn’t actually a rectangle, and has slopes at the front top and back top to better fit in the frame. Does anyone have the actual dimensions of every side of this battery? I want my cardboard template to be more accurate.

Hope I’m not overthinking it - just want to be sure because the frame size I have is a “small” and it looks like it’ll be close regarding whether or not it will fit. The bike is a Raleigh Talus 2 in size S in case that helps.

Thanks!

They had a template you could print out on their website when I bought mine, but I can't find it now. As for the connector, you can put an XT60 connector on it. That is what I intend to do with mine. Or you can just hardwire the mounting bracket to the controller. It came with some bullet connectors, but they were not installed. The charging connector is an Anderson connector.

14S5P-shark-drawing.jpg

RunForTheHills said:
They had a template you could print out on their website when I bought mine, but I can't find it now. As for the connector, you can put an XT60 connector on it. That is what I intend to do with mine. Or you can just hardwire the mounting bracket to the controller. It came with some bullet connectors, but they were not installed. The charging connector is an Anderson connector.

14S5P-shark-drawing.jpg

Thanks! They're telling my the image is to scale, but it's still tough to work out clear measurements. I'm hoping someone has this battery already and wouldn't mind measuring?

re; charging adapter -- if your charger has an XT60 Male, as shown on Luna, and the battery uses Anderson Power Poles-- get an adapter XT60 Female to APP like this https://www.servocity.com/anderson-powerpole-to-female-xt60-connector check polarity of voltage from charger with a meter before plugging into battery .

aroundqube said:
re; charging adapter -- if your charger has an XT60 Male, as shown on Luna, and the battery uses Anderson Power Poles-- get an adapter XT60 Female to APP like this https://www.servocity.com/anderson-powerpole-to-female-xt60-connector check polarity of voltage from charger with a meter before plugging into battery .

OK perfect! That's exactly what I got.

I think my biggest worry now is if it's going to fit in my frame! :shock:

If you are more specific about what you want measured beyond the measurements provided by EM3EV, I can do that. When I bought mine a few months ago, they had a template on their website you could print, cut out, and tape the pages together. I can't find it on my computer or their website, but if you contact them I am sure they will send it to you.

MTA:

Here are some pictures if it helps:

Battery1.jpg
Battery2.jpg
Battery3.jpg
Battery4.jpg

RunForTheHills said:
If you are more specific about what you want measured beyond the measurements provided by EM3EV, I can do that. When I bought mine a few months ago, they had a template on their website you could print, cut out, and tape the pages together. I can't find it on my computer or their website, but if you contact them I am sure they will send it to you.

MTA:

Here are some pictures if it helps:

Battery1.jpg
Battery2.jpg
Battery3.jpg
Battery4.jpg

This really helps a lot, thank you! I’ll ask them for the template too.

Back