Exclusive Black 72V 3000W FC-1 Stealth Bomber Qulbix Clone

skyungjae said:
stritzky said:
I placed a Order for this bike on Ebay a couple of weeks ago. So I'm really looking forward to seeing what this bike is like compared to my Stealth Bomber.

Why on earth would you buy one of these when you already have a Stealth Bomber? :lol:

I imagine it'll seem very lack luster and low power in comparison.

Well I was planing on using this bike as a spare. That I can use when the Bomber doesn't run. And as a bike for my Girlfriend and a loner bike for friends. But I will make a you tube review once I have tried it out for a little while. And have made up an opinion on how the bike is.

Firstly, can I just say, thanks everyone who contributed to this article. Your in-depth bike knowledge just demonstrates to me how little I know. I was basically on eBay/Alibaba about to purchase the above. I will now take some more time to research. As an IT person and who works on cars, I am _OK_ but when someone says "The panasonic has a continuous current of 70amps and the sanyo has a continuous current of 35amps meaning that the the panasonic would max the watts capability of the controller which is 50amp" My electrical knowledge lets me down (ohms, resistance, parallel/series wiring, mAhs).

Maybe someone feels like giving some advice?

Basically I just want a commuter bike. I had a GoCycle G3 - (which besides got stolen in like within minutes of locking it up outside work) gets lots of looks but once I removed the restriction the little 250w motor which peaks at 500w gets me up to 40kph on flat and I weigh 115kg. For anyone who doesn't know Sydney, its a REALLY spread out city (13,000km2) so 40kph MAX kinda sucks, especially on freeways its downright dangerous.

So I got like around $6k to spend. After reading the forums, I think its worth getting a genuine frame rather than a Chinese knockoff. I know they are (poor) master forgers who care little for International Patents (Aussies are fighting to get the Lucas Portable Saw Mill clone stopped in China, and I have seen the knock-offs and its like what happens when you photocopy something a few times over and over - to the untrained eye it looks just the same) And I would also spend a bit more cash on the batteries.

Other than that, I'm not a big offroad/BMX rider anyway and I'm sure a basic setup of suspension/brakes etc would be fine as I have no basis for comparison. My last off road bike was a 2001 Norco 250cc

Anyway as I am new to the forum, feel free to ignore/abuse this post. Having said that, any advice would be appreciated. :)

I just want to reiterate that im using a 3kw rated generic rear hub motor . Ferro fluid was put in it, and this motor has no problem running at 3kw consistently and handles 5kw bursts without issues or overheating. The big advantage of this, is by going with a 3kw rated motor instead of a 5-6 kw motor, you will generally have a hub motor that weighs less. I personally find that running my motor at 2800 kws is adequate for all local hills and is certainly more then enough on flat roads.

Im using a SENSROLESS lyen controller and would never want to run sensored again . No hall wires to worry about at all on my current setup. My current setup is for 45 mph top speed, with great torque { but not enough to pop wheelies, which I dont need to do anyways} . This setup allows great acceleration, solid power, without overheating any of the components . Yes, if I want to do 60 mph, I can reprogram my lyen controller to do it, but I dont need that and doing so, would definitely put more stress on the components.

I got around $3000 in my ebike, and this proves you do not need to spend $5-6k to get stealth like ebike performance.

I'm pretty tempted on upgrading my battery simply to squeeze out a bit more performance out of this bike. I just don't know if it's worth the investment as the bike fine as is. :lol:

I did stop riding it regularly to work. After riding a bit more, I find that the return trip home to be a bit more stress inducing than stress relieving. I'd feel a lot more comfortable if I could go just a tad bit faster. It's not fun being playing leap frog with a bus. :x

EDIT:

I reached out to the vendor regarding the battery. They stated that the Sanyo NCR18650GA cells have a max continuous output of 10A, and the packs for this bike are 10 in parallel, and use a 100A BMS board.

Back when I purchased mine, they were selling them with a 40A BMS which is somewhat close to the advertised power.

I may want to upgrade somewhere down the line now that I know people who are buying the current model can go north of 50mph.

Yes I did receive my bike. The bike came EXTREMELY fast. The battery arrived 2 weeks later. I have now ridden the bike about one week and these are my impressions.

For the price you pay for this bike You get a lot of bike for your money.
The bike is quite powerful. I know it's rated at 3000 W but I have seen power peaks on the display of up to 4800 W.
I have done some modifications to the bike to make it suite my preferences better. But these are modifications I would have made to any bike.
And the bike is fast I have had mine up to 90 Kmh
And the range on this bike is very very good. I took a off road trip of 32.4 km with some insane hills.
And the power meter on the battery din't move at all. And the voltage of the battery drooped from 82V down to 81.5. But the motor was pretty hot after this ride. So I have ordered a sett of Hubsinks and 2 syringes of ferrofluid to help cool down the motor.

But yes there are some faults with the bike.

The Nr, 1 thing I don't like with the bike are the brakes. Or the regen brakes. They are way to powerful. Making it very difficult to not lose traction on lose ground. It feels like there are only 2 settings on the motor brake, On or OFF. Making any modulation of the brakes very difficult. So I have to see if I can find a Solution for this.

The second thing I don't like is the full grip throttle. On a bike like this it borders on dangerous. So this was the first thing I modified. I put on some different grips and cut the throttle handle down.

The third and last thing I noticed is that some times the throttle does not turn itself off even if you completely let go of the throttle. But just hit the brakes and everything is back to normal.

And yes I would wish the bike had gears. So I will be looking into adding some gears to this bike.

So overall I like this bike. But it has some problems. And yes I do like my Stealth Bomber better. But that is a MUTCH more expensive bike. So a direct comparison isn't relay fare.

Hi @skyungjae :)

I'm thinking about buying the same ebike:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Exclusive-Customized-Stealth-Electric-Mountain/dp/B01MUNB5HW/ref=sr_1_2?m=AQZ1TZG2C3TX7&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1537869823&sr=1-2

Did you had any bigger problems with this ebike? What about the battery? It is still good after 3 years? I want to start my adventure with ebikes.

Many thanks,
Michael.

nevisu said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Exclusive-Customized-Stealth-Electric-Mountain/dp/B01MUNB5HW/ref=sr_1_2?m=AQZ1TZG2C3TX7&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1537869823&sr=1-2

Did you had any bigger problems with this ebike? What about the battery? It is still good after 3 years? I want to start my adventure with ebikes.

Many thanks,
Michael.

If you do a search, you will see skyungjae did a thread where he reviewed his purchase. Theres alot of good info there. FWIW, my ebike can do pull over 6000 watts , but I have found that pulling 1800 watts is usually the max I need and that seems to be a sweet spot for conserving battery power, while giving solid performance.

nevisu said:

Many thanks,
Michael.

I actually sold my bike a few months ago. I just stopped riding it, and it was just collecting dust. I never had any problems with it aside from wanting a bit more power. :lol:

Back when I purchased this bike, it was legitimately 3000W. From what I understand, the newer ones peak at more than double that power with 100A BMS and controller. stritzky was able to get his up to 55mph (90 kmh) whereas my bike would top out at 37mph (59kph). If you do order, be sure to ask the vendor which controller/bms it has. The early adopters, like me, ended up with either 50A or 70A controllers.

It's incredibly convenient to buy a turn-key bike, but keep in mind that the parts are bottom of the barrel mountain bike parts. The DNM suspension is not great off road. The bike is certainly more built for the street commuter in factory form.

If you intend to do a handful of upgrades, it's probably better to go the rumme route. If you can find a local builder, you can pick and choose your features rather than potentially being stuck with features you don't want or having to upgrade parts that aren't to your expectations/liking.

skyungjae said:
nevisu said:

Many thanks,
Michael.

I actually sold my bike a few months ago. I just stopped riding it, and it was just collecting dust. I never had any problems with it aside from wanting a bit more power. :lol:

Back when I purchased this bike, it was legitimately 3000W. From what I understand, the newer ones peak at more than double that power with 100A BMS and controller. stritzky was able to get his up to 55mph (90 kmh) whereas my bike would top out at 37mph (59kph). If you do order, be sure to ask the vendor which controller/bms it has. The early adopters, like me, ended up with either 50A or 70A controllers.

It's incredibly convenient to buy a turn-key bike, but keep in mind that the parts are bottom of the barrel mountain bike parts. The DNM suspension is not great off road. The bike is certainly more built for the street commuter in factory form.

If you intend to do a handful of upgrades, it's probably better to go the rumme route. If you can find a local builder, you can pick and choose your features rather than potentially being stuck with features you don't want or having to upgrade parts that aren't to your expectations/liking.

Hey sky, for the newer version of your ebike, that can do 55 mph, whats the lowest price you've seen for it, with shipping costs included ? Id imagine for that kind of high speed version, they are $4000 or more shipped ?

How much were you able to sell your ebike for, and di you lose money on the sale ?

rumme said:
Hey sky, for the newer version of your ebike, that can do 55 mph, whats the lowest price you've seen for it, with shipping costs included ? Id imagine for that kind of high speed version, they are $4000 or more shipped ?

How much were you able to sell your ebike for, and di you lose money on the sale ?

I lost about a $1000 from how much I paid for the bike which was acceptable considering the use I got out of it.

These new FC-1's are priced about $1000 more than the older version. That being said, I think with a little negotiating, you could probably get one shipped for $4000.

skyungjae said:
rumme said:

I lost about a $1000 from how much I paid for the bike which was acceptable considering the use I got out of it.

These new FC-1's are priced about $1000 more than the older version. That being said, I think with a little negotiating, you could probably get one shipped for $4000.

From your photo { if thats you} you look like a big, muscular guy , so If your ebike got you close to 40mph, for around $3000, thats pretty good. You didn't buy another ebike to replace the one you sold ?

:lol: My avatar photo is Bolo Yeung probably known best as Chong Li in Bloodsport. I've been told I look like him. I'm taller and probably weigh a lot more than that guy (fat).

I actually picked up a Sur-Ron Light Bee to ride with my buddies with 250cc dual sport bikes in big bear. I was going to pick up a used 250cc dual sport myself, but my wife didn't want me getting a "real" motorcycle. The Sur-Ron was the next best thing. :wink:

I'll post my thoughts about it on the main Sur-Ron thread. I've only had it for about a month, but I've already put 400 miles on it.

How long do you have to wait to recharge the battery after a ride? Ambient temperature approximately degrees Fahrenheit?

icculus said:
How long do you have to wait to recharge the battery after a ride? Ambient temperature approximately degrees Fahrenheit?

Depends on factors

The size in terms of Amp-Hour (Ah) of the battery.
What is the chargers current rating.
How long to charge for full charge.
How empty was the battery when you started charging.

Sometimes we need an estimated time to charge in order to get tow here your going. Just guess, sit at Starbucks for a bit longer to be on the safe side.

10Ah battery with a 10A charger for one hour, give or take, 10Ah back into the pack.
Give or take - Well we charge each cell to 4.20V and the LVC cuts off at say 3.20V, that is 1.00V difference, but we dont use the full 10Ah of the battery. The CC/CV charging profile of the charger will go full blast, meaning give you 10A for a period of time. Then the charger will slow the current down in stages, I hear mine change stages by the whine of the fan.

So, I'm really looking into buying this e-bike (FC-1 Electric Bicycle 3000W 72V), the only 2 places that I was able to find this bike the cheapest was aliexpress.com ($4,276.42) & ebay.com ($4,169.99)

Which version would you choose?: (48v 3000W 48AH) OR (72v 3000W 32AH) OR (60v 3000W 35.2AH)
Which place would you buy from?
How does the customs work when being shipped from overseas?

No local builders available? I think you’re better off getting something put together locally if you can.

You can reach out to the sellers and negotiate a better price if you buy direct.

skyungjae said:
No local builders available? I think you’re better off getting something put together locally if you can.

You can reach out to the sellers and negotiate a better price if you buy direct.

Hmmm. There's couple shops, I'm in Louisville KY. However, if I do go with local shop, I have a feeling I will pay more, as it would be custom build and pay taxes. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Zeus99 said:
So, I'm really looking into buying this e-bike (FC-1 Electric Bicycle 3000W 72V), the only 2 places that I was able to find this bike the cheapest was aliexpress.com ($4,276.42) & ebay.com ($4,169.99)

Which version would you choose?: (48v 3000W 48AH) OR (72v 3000W 32AH) OR (60v 3000W 35.2AH)

Sure you don't want the Sur-Ron?:

https://lunacycle.com/sur-ron-x-bike/

Or do you really need pedals?

SlowCo said:
Zeus99 said:

Sure you don't want the Sur-Ron?:

https://lunacycle.com/sur-ron-x-bike/

Or do you really need pedals?

Damn, that's really nice, but yeah I would like to have pedals. This one is more of a motocross version. I have a feeling if I go little bit on a bike path or walk path, people will say shit. :lol:

Back