Frankenrunner Setup help for a newbie.

So I recently shorted out a new Baserunner that I had attached to a Clyte 5304 Phoenix Cruiser II. It has 23 pole pairs I believe but after this I may open it up and see for myself. The older 5304s were said to be 12 pole pairs but the motor refused to start with a 12 pole pair autotune.

Anyway. I probably asked too much from the Baserunner. My voltage is 48V and I set the Max Power to 2000W, max controller current to 49A and max phase current to 70A.

I plan on getting a Frankenrunner to replace the blown Baserunner and I was wondering if someone can guide me on a good setup that won't fry the controller.

I hope all goes well :thumb:

What do you plan on replacing just the mosfets?
I believe to do that, you must match mosfets using an oscilloscope, if you have a good controller as it does not matter on cheaper or generic controllers. Obviously buy the brand name mosfets from a reputable store like www.mouser.com

I'm replacing the whole controller with the Frankenrunner. Grin Tech saw my data, said the Baserunner shouldn't have failed and gave me my money back. The Baserunner unit is "potted" with epoxy so I don't think it's serviceable.

Back