Headway/Signalab 2.5 build saga begins (poorly).

The voltage level V= 47.6 is when all the LEDs come on with my 58.4 volt charger. I think Dnmun is right on that - 3.6 x 16. So that leaves .8 volts to be distributed over all 16 cells, in an equitable and harmonious way (while all the LEDs are on) to be adjusted by hand as necessary, less so over time I would hope. Its going to be nice to have access to each cell, unlike the Ping, to have that much insight.

My total pack voltage right now is 58.34 when fully charged, which is better after I hand balanced, than the previous 58.28 It is interesting that the total pack voltage does not drop at all when you drain one of the cells, with the charger on and quiescent with all LEDs lit. So the quiescent charger (no fan) is maintaining the pack voltage steady.

So as you take energy out of the high cell, you are simultaneously putting energy into the other 15 cells. One of them, or even the drained one, would then go be the highest again, at which point it should be drained. Rinse and repeat. The balance will improve within that .8 volt band (which is lit up all across it on all LEDs)...hopefully it will remain stable when fully balanced and won't go out of balance.

I rode the bike with the pack, and the cells are perky little horses...they are like Pings on steroids.

Back