Hello,maybe you can help me with this issue,Bafang rear hub motor and rear rack battery shuts off every 5 minutes of the ride and display doesn’t show

JanoBaca

1 µW
Hello,maybe you can help me with this issue,Bafang rear hub motor and rear rack battery shuts off every 5 minutes of the ride and display doesn’t show activity even if the motor is working

Hello,maybe you can help me with this issue,Bafang rear hub motor and rear rack battery shuts off every 5 minutes of the ride and display doesn’t show activity even if the motor is working
You'll do better starting a new thread rather than pitching a question in an unrelated topic.

If power shuts off (display goes blank) then your battery is probably shutting down to protect cells from overdischarge, overcurrent, heat, etc.

If power does not shut off (display remains on) but motor stops responding to input, then the controller has shutdown becuase some limit has been exceeded.

If you have changed any settings in the display, try changing them back to what they were before. If you didn't note down what they were, you'd have to experiment with them one menu setting at a time, one value at a time, to find out if any of them affect your problem.

Otherwise, what specifically happened between the time the bike worked correctly, and the time it did not?

The Bafang units have a timer that will shut off the power if it doesn't see the wheel moving for 5 minutes. The display needs to indicate some speed to keep the timer from timing out. If there is a separate speed sensor, that would be the first thing to check. Otherwise, there may be a bad connection between the motor and display somewhere.

Back