Hi All New Member...Need help with my ebike badly

Gizmo2908

1 mW
Hi everybody I’m new to the forum, after searching through google I am really struggling to find any answers or explanation to my problem.

My problem is that I purchased a used ebike from a friend a few weeks ago all was working fine till the other day, I was out riding and all of a sudden my ebike had no power, front hub went stiff and had to push it home.
Once I got home I turned the bike upside down applied some throttle and the hub motor just clicked like it was stuck I tried it again and controller started smoking so I disconnected battery straight away and left the bike for a few days. Once I got round to finding the problem I really didn’t know were to start. After reading some info on google I disconnected the controller from my wheel phase wires and hall wires and wheel was turning smoothly so I thought ok everything is fixed and carried on connecting everything back together but on connection of battery it went bang and bits of molten metal were falling I looked at the battery connectors and they have disintegrated, I have now took all the wires apart again so I don’t wake up in middle of the night to a fire.

I need help plz as I use my bike to get to and from work,
If I have not supplied enough info then plz ask me I will try my best to answer everything

Oh I forgot to mention when the bike 1st stopped working and I tried reconnecting everything when I got bk home the fuse basically had melted and wires that come out of the controller had the outer plastic coating had melted the worst wires are the phase wires.

@spinningmagnets I purchased the bike used from a friend so have no clue we’re the motor and the rest of the components were baught from also my friend who I purchased it from is in hospital with Covid so carnt ask him yet

Back