How many eddy currents can I expect

Hi. the most I've done for figuring iron losses is drag these motors around behind me at high speeds unpowered. The temp increase was maybe 25% of what temp it would've gotten to if being powered but will this simulation only reveal eddy currents due to the magnets and not those that would be produced by the coils? Am I right in thinking that there will still be possibly way more eddy currents due to the switching fields in the coils but this wouldn't be occurring simply dragging the motors around at high speed unpowered?

The root of my fear is that these motors, which you can see in this picture, have a lot of conductive material beside the end turns on either side of the stator and with the next version I'd like to bring the stator even closer to the steel wall beside it, which is stationary, and also bring the stator closer to the wall on the other side, which is the steel spinning rotor. The goal being more motor so as to reduce heat but maybe it would be counter productive and it's an eddy current disaster?

And would a thin layer of mumetal against the the two conductors at the sides of the stator (There's a spinning and stationary) stop the field and subsequent currents?

Back