If you had the chance to start endless sphere all over again, what would you change?

Hillhater said:
PAGE APPEARANCE ?
Guys, is there a setting or any way of changing the page /print colursa ?
This Blue on Blue style is getting hard for my old eyes to read..especially in ourdoor situations.
Black font on White background would be ideal, but i would settle for anything with more contrast.
What are my chances ?
Thanks

Your chances are extremely high. What you see now, is after i lightened up the background. It was worse before.
The new forum will also have larger fonts than this, because people have 4k monitors and such that make forums very hard to read. This is not acceptable to me.
The new forum allows greater flexibility to do things like that.

'User CSS' in google chrome is an excellent tool to use to modify the appearance of any webpage recurrently to match any sort of visibility problem you have.

Seeing that things will be changing here pretty soon I'd like to make a few suggestions.

I think making a member contributer title under our avatar pic would be useful. For a small donation members would get the distinction of paying back ES for the help received. It probably wouldn't amount to much, but could start a fund that could be used to pay the Mods a couple of $ and more importantly, show our appreciation for the time they donate.

Another thing that would be useful is instead of dumping contentious threads in the basement, how about sticking them in a new section where they get gumped after a period of time. Like a week or less. I've seen this on other forums so it should be doable.

Anyway, carry on. The future looks bright. :bolt:

Nick

neptronix said:
Hillhater said:
PAGE APPEARANCE ?
Guys, is there a setting or any way of changing the page /print colursa ?
This Blue on Blue style is getting hard for my old eyes to read..especially in ourdoor situations.
Black font on White background would be ideal, but i would settle for anything with more contrast.
What are my chances ?
Thanks

Your chances are extremely high. What you see now, is after i lightened up the background. It was worse before.
The new forum will also have larger fonts than this, because people have 4k monitors and such that make forums very hard to read. This is not acceptable to me.
The new forum allows greater flexibility to do things like that.

'User CSS' in google chrome is an excellent tool to use to modify the appearance of any webpage recurrently to match any sort of visibility problem you have.

Also, some browsers (like the rather old firefox I'm using) have a page-like icon/button in the URL bar to turn on "reader mode" where it discards everything but the posts themselves, basically, and strips colors, etc. It has a control panel on the left edge that lets you change font size, width of displayed text (margins; default is like would fit on a phone), background type (white, dark, sepia), etc.

There's something similar in chrome, but I think its' called “Simplified view”. Probably opera and others have it too.

Funny that I never even noticed it before, but lately am having problems with the scroll wheel on my trackball doing crazy things to the view and pointer and such (probalby a piece of dog hair in the sensor wiggling around) and hte pointer ended up on this "page" looking icon in the URL bar (right next to the magnification percentage, that I do use sometimes), and I clicked on that accidentally...and while I don't like the completely bare look of the page and it cant' be used to reply/etc (all buttons gone) it certainly makes some content clearer to read. :)

neptronix said:
Why would such people not simply change their text size on their computer? Surely if this forum is hard to read at 4K others are as well, and a global change they could make would fix that for all websites.

It occurs to me that it's time for the Electronic Technology Discussion to have its' own public charging station section. I remember some years back someone asked in whatever section about a charging station near him, I found him one in a search where it was discussed on a messageboard. He proceeds to ask something, maybe how to work it, but what could I say? I lived nowhere near it. He was lucky for what little I could offer.

Amazon is opening a grocery store near me. Remodeling the former Toy's R Us included two Volta stations out front. I'll save it for when the section opens, but I can see there's much to discuss about that one. And others.

Back