Loses power after 3km?????

6stringlevin

1 µW
I bought an acid-lead powered escooter that was defected (on purpose). It runs fine initially but only does 2 miles or about 3km before it loses power and I manage to crawl home. And the meter indicated totally dead.

The previous owner bought new batteries but that didn't help ( I got the old ones and there isn't anything wrong with them).

If I let the scooter rest to the next day (without charging) It display full load and I can drive another 2 miles before the same thing happens. The battery pack holds 64 volt so I don't think it's a case of faulty batteries.

Am I correct assuming it is the controller that is defective?
When I do crawl home with empty battery-display in 5-10km speed the speedmeter say 25km. I assume thats another indicator that it is the controller?

How do you know there isnt anything wrong with them?
- Did you do a load test and measure all the voltages, a simpler way is to drain the battery to lvc and check all voltages.
Could also be the LVC of the controller is higher then the LVC of the BMS if you have a bms in the battery.
Could also be a bad neighbor dragging down the entire neighborhood, until its a slum and everything is demolished and barren.

Voltage Sag due to age or shitty construction or shitty storage or shitty cells.

6stringlevin said:
I bought an acid-lead powered escooter that was defected (on purpose). It runs fine initially but only does 2 miles or about 3km before it loses power and I manage to crawl home. And the meter indicated totally dead.

The previous owner bought new batteries but that didn't help ( I got the old ones and there isn't anything wrong with them).

If I let the scooter rest to the next day (without charging) It display full load and I can drive another 2 miles before the same thing happens. The battery pack holds 64 volt so I don't think it's a case of faulty batteries.

Am I correct assuming it is the controller that is defective?
When I do crawl home with empty battery-display in 5-10km speed the speedmeter say 25km. I assume thats another indicator that it is the controller?

G'day.
Sound a lot like the lead acid batteries. Charge them up, let them sit for an hour or two. Test each battery with a volt meter. Should be about 12.8v or better. 12.0v or less is tired, 11.0v is sick, 10.5v is dead. Next, connect the meter to the charge socket & go for a ride. If it drops below 55v you've got sag. What Ah are the batts? What wattage are the motor / controller? EG; if it's 1000w you won't get much more than 3km out of GOOD 12Ah batts.
Hope this helps ya.

AussieRider.

Back