Luna Peek Gear BBSHD

nolib

100 µW
As title says I would love to find a Peek gear for the bbshd. Luna has been out of stock for some time. Currently, I have the steel gear but it is too loud and beginning to mark the stator.

I think they were made in Germany. I ran my 1500W BBSHD for 3 years, and added the PEEK during it's first ever lube. The original plastic gear showed no wear. I may put a ludicrous controller in mine later. But TBH at 1500W it's probably not needed.

I think they were made in Germany. I ran my 1500W BBSHD for 3 years, and added the PEEK during it's first ever lube. The original plastic gear showed no wear. I may put a ludicrous controller in mine later. But TBH at 1500W it's probably not needed.
thanks for the reply! I agree with you at 1500w the nylon seems fine, especially if your gearing isn't unreasonable.

I've recently upgraded to a bac855 so now its like 3800-4000w . I think it actually runs cool enough to run the nylon but the added durability would be nice.

My gearing is 50x11t, but it's only 26". The problem with getting it from Luna is they're moving away from kits to selling whole bikes. People with no skill or experience buy kits and when they have problems want to sue somebody. So you may need to look for the original source for some of those parts.
So Luna probably won't be restocking a lot of BBSHD parts, or kits.

I was talking to Paxtana at Luna today and he says they will get more PEEK gears at some point because their Ludicrous V2 BBSHD controller won't work without them. But no idea when the PEEK gears or the Ludi V2 will actually happen. He also mentioned the latest gears might be Carbon material. So searching for PEEK you may miss somtheing when the time comes.

Last edited:
Back