Meet Miss Mino'aka

spinningmagnets said:
Well done! If you like the hill climbing ability on the stock chainring, this large one will give you the highest top speed on flat ground.

If it sometimes struggles on the steepest grades and you don't mind a slightly lower top speed, a smaller chainring is the best bang for your buck.

Thanks! Your articles were a HUGE factor in my choice of bike and my success. Thanks for the chainring tip, I'm currently in florida so I'll keep the larger one until I move someplace hilly.

Banned spammer Sandy E said:
kauaicycler said:
This brings me to another thing I did to make me feel better about this somewhat risky decision and that is that I purchased insurance Velosurance for my bike that protects against theft, and damage as well as provides roadside assistance. Everything about this bike is brand new, it’s the closest I’ve ever gotten to a new car. I wouldn’t be able to replace it if something happens so my $2300.00 bike costs me $14.00 a month to insure including roadside assistance. Considering there is no depreciation I think it’s worth it. I can upgrade parts and update my policy to reflect that.

That sounds like a pretty solid deal! You wouldn't have, by any chance, any recommendation of an insurance that would apply for me here in Germany? As of the moment, the only Deutsche e-Scotter insurance I've bumped upon was the following: <<spam link deleted>> along with a few of the established Insurance companies that cater to a number of other things as well. I was hoping there might be something more niche specific for my use-case, you know. Some kind of company that is tailor fit for this.

Sorry I don't. I found this one after reading an article where someone, not in USA, was talking about ebike insurance. I googled around until I found Velosurance. The main thing about this insurance was that is the type that doesn't depreciate. So they don't care what I put on the bike just the value. If I make a claim I get the full value I declared. Sometimes homeowners insurance can cover these types of things but I'm a renter.

Velosurance was started by a couple of bicyclists if I remember correctly. The policy actually comes from another insurance company called Merkel. Given the popularity of bikes in europe there should be more options. Good luck!

Back