MQCON Sabvoton 7280 V2 USB

Tuokki

10 µW
Hi,
Got this replacement controller from the manufacturer.
Got the bike running, but can't input parameters with the PC interface.
Problem: With display removed, if I plug in the USB-TTL adapter and then power up the controller,
I get communication OK for about a second, then nothing (no answer from the controller).
Got communication with the original, water damaged controller.

This is is a bit annoying as the manufacturer is not answering my questions.
Any idea what's going on?

Is it the same model, and the same firmware and hardware version as the original? If not, the same program and/or cable may not work with it.

It could just have a faulty serial port, or wiring, soldering connections, etc.

It could also be a version that isn't capable of being programmed and instead is factory setup to only do what the factory chose; this is often done for OEM versions of controllers made specifically for certain bike brands, etc. (so that either special software or hardware is needed by dealers to access them, if they are left accessible at all).

It came with the USB-TTL adapter which connects to the so called USB plug on the controller, It's just a TTL RX/TX with USB connector.
It should work with display disconnected with red-blue shorted so the controller gets power (green led is lit).
Wiring should be ok, as it connects for a second.

Some USB-serial adapters provide the power to run the MCU, and the controller shouldn't be powered up on it's own for those. Could this be one of those setups? (even if your original was not)

Otherwise, the things in my other post would be the most likely issues (but probably not the only possibilities).

Ok, found the problem, my mistake, just remove the damn hidden connector with brown and black wires connected to the controller.
Easy? Yes.
Now the new problem is that the display I ordered "Compatible with Sabvoton/MQCON", but is not, oh my dear god.
Ok, sent it back, 300 deals and this is the first one, oukei.

How hard is it for a manufacturer to deal these, it seems it is very hard.
Probably the:
Display: "SuringMax" UKC1-VT4.9G-SX-OMD-20231014-Y27
Hardware ver 4, software ver 3
Did not speak same protocol as the controller as it definitely sent data packets with 4.2Vpp (Checked with scope).

So the UKC1 is just the connector and then there is at least the APT-protocol and I have this SVMC7280
Why do they not print on their package or controller, what protocol the controller uses, would be nice info.
Seems so stupid or should I look on the mirror?

Edit: I sent a question about the protocol in simplified Chinese, let's see the results :)

Attachments

• CurrentController_SVMC7280_UKC1_With arrows.png
    CurrentController_SVMC7280_UKC1_With arrows.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back