Nanjing far driver controllers

Hey. How did you find out?
I got that from someone on the Electric Motorcycle Builds Facebook Page. With a hope & prayer I tried that wire connection & my display works. After endless fiddling, I also got the odometer reading as close as possible & my speedo is now within 1-2kph of gps.

Question for those with more experience with the fardriver settings.
My 3-speed switch works (after swapping some of the pins)
I was planning to set the 1st speed with a low 32kph max (in case a non-rider family member wants to try the bike around the block)
2nd speed would be the normal mode I’d be riding around in (100%)
& could I program the 3rd speed setting as a hill climbing mode for when I encounter inclines?
Is this crazy-talk or is it doable? What parameters could accomplish this?

You have low, mid and high. The high setting pretty much has to be the highest one, you set phase A (torque) and battery A (power) for the mid and low in % of the high settings. I dont think you can set a max speed, but you can set max rpm for each setting wich will basically do the same thing.

Not sure what you want for your hill climbing setting, lower torque to avoid wheelspin? Well, set a lower % phase A for that setting in that case.
I have a setting like that that can be useful on very slippery or steep, rocky climbs.

I got that from someone on the Electric Motorcycle Builds Facebook Page. With a hope & prayer I tried that wire connection & my display works. After endless fiddling, I also got the odometer reading as close as possible & my speedo is now within 1-2kph of gps.
I also know that I was able to buy Fardriver Controller directly from them, (Not SiaEcosys or QS Motors) (I mean direct manufacturer). Bluetooth Built-In Hall version. No need for Bluetooth Adapter as causes issues from time to time. Smooth Connectivity too. Serial Port is still there in-fact. I can use USB cable to hook up to PC for Software. Also I got the official manual guide for the Controller Software on PC. (Their English Translation) Pretty understandable when I read it up.

Then let us see if this is a different manual than Siacosys has on their download side, and just give us a link are load it up to the thread

You have low, mid and high. The high setting pretty much has to be the highest one, you set phase A (torque) and battery A (power) for the mid and low in % of the high settings. I dont think you can set a max speed, but you can set max rpm for each setting wich will basically do the same thing.

Not sure what you want for your hill climbing setting, lower torque to avoid wheelspin? Well, set a lower % phase A for that setting in that case.
I have a setting like that that can be useful on very slippery or steep, rocky climbs.
My bike will stay on the paved roads so my main concern is not having the bike bog down too much while in traffic on some of the inclined roads in my area. Mind you not quite San Francisco streets but still enough of an incline to be a concern. At the same time I don't want to over stress the motor, battery or controller so the bike decides to shut down at the most inopportune time. My weakest link I think is my 72v 50ah LifePo4 battery with 100a bms.

I also know that I was able to buy Fardriver Controller directly from them, (Not SiaEcosys or QS Motors) (I mean direct manufacturer). Bluetooth Built-In Hall version. No need for Bluetooth Adapter as causes issues from time to time. Smooth Connectivity too. Serial Port is still there in-fact. I can use USB cable to hook up to PC for Software. Also I got the official manual guide for the Controller Software on PC. (Their English Translation) Pretty understandable when I read it up.
I ordered my nd72680 with both the bluetooth & usb adapter for some redundancy but having bluetooth built-in would have been so sweet.

Which motor do you have exactly and how capable is your battery and wiring setup.
Do you see more current over 30km/h?
I'm using a Revolt RV-160ES 70kv.
So for the acceleration to be really quick, I would ideally want higher phase current which would directly correspond to higher torque right?
But the problem I'm facing right now is the phase current is not ramping up quickly. My throttle response is on sport and acc step is at 224. I can't figure out what I'm missing in the parameters settings.
I have a set of Paras i don't understand
LD & LQ (can not be modified on the app)
IntRes( Internal Resistance of the motor?)
PhaseOffset(autolearn sets it to 270)

Ratios in speed I have all the values maxed to 100.

Does anyone know what the max voltage the high brake input to controller can take ,fardriver 96v,i would hope to power it with 15+volts for lights
thanks

someone upload that on Facebook groups somewhere.
Where exactly do you want them to upload it at, in which specific group? There are many many FB groups for many many topics, etc.

Where exactly do you want them to upload it at, in which specific group? There are many many FB groups for many many topics, etc.
Someone upload it on Fardriver Mid-Drive Facebook Group. Although it was unofficial translated to English as the official manual for the PC software is Chinese.

Has anyone already measured phase currents?
Do they reach their advertised values and what is the advertised protect amps? Is this the max value or do they stay way below this value.

I have a ND72680, a 96850 and a 721800 and I just want to figure out if the smallest one would fit me needs and has 90% more phase amps as the now built in SVMC72150.

My battery is capable of enough amps, but I think the Erider (Masini Extremo) frame is not strong enough for much more power. Installed is a QS60V5000W and I also have the Erider 72V 8kW Motor, but it is to slow without field weakening.

Now I'm running the scooter with a SVMC72150 with up to 14kW dc, but acceleration from start is to slow.

20210531_180619.jpg20210531_171300.jpg

Attachments

• 20210613_201746.jpg
    20210613_201746.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
  • 20210225_154300.jpg
    20210225_154300.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I can answer my question now myself.
The ND72680 makes 490A sinus and 680Apeak.
I measured the values with a true rms current clamp.
The last time I did a measurement like this on the svmc72150 i checked the values of the current clamp with the rogovski and a Fluke scope meter and they where nearly identical.

I could also draw over 310Adc uphill from the battery.
Acceleration from a standstill is now much faster than with the sabvoton.
Now my QS60V5000W gets hot really fast.
I will drop the DC amps to 200-250A and will see if my motor survives.

If I set 680A phase current, xou can hear the overshooting and the regulation in the motor. If I set 650A everything sounds great.

Hi guys,

Does anyone have an idea where I can get hold of them.dat firmware file for the APT FARDRIVER 72400 controller. I flashed the incorrect file and now it’s not working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you

Nath;)

Hello. Please, add PC new program for Far driver. MotorcEnglish170.

Last edited:
Adding new programs is something the manufacturer has to do, so asking here won't help with that--you'd have to talk to the Fardriver manufacturing company to get them to make new programs.

Back