Normally I wouldn't ask for another forum to be added...

HK12K

100 kW
I usually find that too many forums and sub-forums on a site tend to end up being a net-negative so I'm generally not one to ask for more to be added. In this case however I kind of feel like the ES community might benefit from the addition of a forum dedicated specifically to diy battery builds of all varieties.

I realize this topic is largely covered through the Battery Technology, E-Bike Technical, and E-Bike Build areas, and search is a thing, but some of the most valuable content specific to pack assembly quickly gets lost in the shuffle amongst other topics. I think it would be great to have everything related to assembling your own pack from scratch concentrated in one place for easy reference and discussion since it is such a large piece of the diy-ev puzzle.

Thoughts?

Oh, while I'm making suggestions, maybe shuffle around the forum order a bit and move some of the unloved and little used forums in the general group to the bottom to get some of the more relevant forums closer to the top. Maybe keep rules and general discussion up there and fire the rest to the bottom.
Imho on that one, just a thought.

IMO Battery Technology is the place.

Too many threads cross over between DIY and (minor) discussion of suppliers

Its not that this forum needs more threads, it needs less. General discussion of random stuff, politics etc really clutter the place. Theres a lot of really rambly threads without purpose taking up space.

Dauntless said:
You want a whole separate forum from ES altogether?

For the purposes of administrating message forums, there is a distinction. For example General Discussion would be considered a forum, while E-Pics topics inside it would be considered a sub-forum. Both are contained in the General group. ES as a whole is/are message forums, plural, as in comprised of more than one.

Okay, just wanted to make the distinction from the guy before you who seems to want ES pared down to bare bones. I don't see where battery technology is cluttered. Gaming thread in general discussion isn't bothering anyone like myself who isn't a gamer, etc.

It's not so much that it's clutterd, more that I thought an area specifically for diy-pack builds would be good to have. Apparently neither wanted nor needed. Was just a thought.

Back