Phaserunner software on Linux

mszil

100 µW
Hi all,
I've been trying to tune my motor setup and am running into an issue with the Phaserunner software. It starts up ok (although I haven't actually connected via USB yet). When I go to download the motor parameter data (Load Defaults -> Download Latest Defaults from Grin) I get an error message:

"There was a network error getting the remote firmware list.
Please ensure you are connected to the internet.
Error code: 6 - Network Connection Error"

(I am connected to the internet - I just downloaded and installed it and am writing this post)

If I run it from the command prompt and see what appears in the terminal - I see these errors in the qt-library:
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve EVP_PKEY_base_id
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_get_peer_certificate
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSL_get_peer_certificate
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSL_get_peer_certificate

Not sure if some qt module needs to be loaded and put in path. Alternatively, is it possible to manually download the parameter files and put them in my path somewhere? I'm not sure where an AppImage usually keeps additional files.

At the moment I have no motors or manufacturers to select from.

I am running Debian 12 64-bit, kernel 6.1.76-1. I downloaded PhaserunnerSuite-Linux-v1.8.4.AppImage and made it executable.

Thanks for any assistance.
Markus

Thanks for that - good catch. Not sure if there's a workaround at present. I think the easiest thing might be to grab a live CD of an older linux (Debian 11 appears to still use OpenSSL1.1) and temporarily boot into that to run this - it's not something I'll need too often. I'll see if that works.

I'm using the PR Linux V1.8 also. The program automatically downloaded the updated motor profiles immediately upon opening the program for the first time - No additional DLs were necessary. I'm on Manjaro 21.2.

Back