POLICE CRACKDOWN

POLICE CRACKDOWN

My little retirement community seems to go through alternating periods of hysteria.

There is even a small old fashioned physical paper newspaper that gets delivered weekly.

So this week the big story is "Police Crackdown" and they even describe the white van that (apparently) was pissing everyone off.

Police budgets had been cut so in the entire area we have only two motorcycle cops. (who actually come from a city outside of my area)

Of course... the first thing I see this morning is the two motorcycle cops and they had already caught the guy in the white van.

In the newspaper story they ask people to rat out anyone having fun (like me) and they invented a whole new database to organize and crack down on my enjoyment.

Anyway... it might be some time before things are free again.

Which means my riding is stopped for now.

The good news is there is another project I'm getting started on which will give me something new to work on.

Anyone else experience this type of thing?

In this place they do the traffic enforcement once each spring then usually decide it's a waste of resources.

We are only in January now, but in California it's very dry and sunny so lot's of dazzled drivers in glory over the bright spring conditions.

Count your blessings, I guess. In Seattle, societal disorder ranging from rampant shoplifting to homicides has blossomed in recent years. 39 homicides in the first 11 months of last year, 52 last year. Some areas are swamped with drug dealers and people selling stolen goods, more or less blockading shopkeepers and restaurants who of course won't be there much longer. The justice system is overwhelmed, thousands of misdemeanor cases waiting for trial. Police response is sporadic, of course they're not staffed to deal with something of this magnitude and anyway they can't administer justice on their own and there isn't a whole of value in filing more misdemeanor cases, but it also seems like increasingly in past years they've been sitting on their hands to some extent. They're working under a consent decree because of a past of "unconstitutional policing." Anyway ... no, I'm not too worried they'll hassle me over my bicycle, but then I rarely exceed normal bicycle speeds, I just go up hill faster than most.

donn said:
Count your blessings, I guess.

True. It is a little bit like a "Malibu Most Wanted" situation where the community is really very nice and it's filled with retired successful people playing golf but are now very worried about the "big fear" of breathing the scary thing.

It seems to be a kind of punishment done to me to "equalize" my suffering to those living here who don't ride.

You see we just went back into full lockdown mode and all the indoor facilities (which are numerous because this is a place with lot's of fun stuff) all got closed a week ago.

My "guess" is that if and when they reopen everything that I will again go unnoticed and even be admired again.

This last summer when everything was opened that same newspaper did a full article saying how wonderful it was that we had ebikes and that there should be more of it.

One week I am the "Great Evil and Threat to Civilization" and the next I'm "Truly an Angel and Gift from God.".

And I'm not joking on that one either... the newspaper has written stories about me (using indirect but clear language) saying BOTH things. Newspapers manipulate reality to FUBAR levels.

All I do is continue with my things while keeping my antenna out to sense what I can get away with.

Right now I could be arrested if I ride my ebike.

I can't tell you where I live but if you know don't tell anyone I sit at the park cement bench in the sun crack a beer and have a toke. so this cop comes by and tells me that's in violation do you want me to pour out my beer Igo in the bathroom drink a beer and put it in the thing and sat down. A couple weeks later I'm at the bench again I don't see where he coming from smoking my joint and having a beer in this hot sun bench . Can you just do that somewhere else. Son of a bitch . I better listen or else I might get a ticket for a violation as they rent that park out all the time for concert events with booze and evens and have a section where families can rent it out $150.00
and drink their booze after they pay the $150.
it's a California State Park.

999zip999 said:
it's a California State Park.
I've gotten busted with a twelve pack in a California State Park where I had just popped open the first beer when the cop drives up.

Since I hadn't had a chance to drink it he simply had me pour it out and let me go.

But he took all my data so if I tried that again it would be instant arrest.

Some places are really cool about being outside and partying but California is really bad about it.

calab said:
What was the white van doing wrong?

I'm not sure. All I know is gossip was being generated and in this community gossip is a sort of major sport, so once the bored retired old people lock onto an idea it magnifies it into a sort of Borg mind that then seeks to have it's will satisfied.

When these old folks are distracted with fun stuff they tend to ignore minor tresspass, but now everything gets blown way up.

Basically old rich people are obsessed with CONTROL. It's in their DNA. So when their control over their life has been taken away and their leisure activities wrecked by a lockdown that venom finds it's way towards the first target it sees.

The good news is these people are incredibly fickle so one week the obsession is the White Van guy and the next it's on to something else.

My hope is to wait and see for a time the coast looks clear.

And often a change in world events offers a new psychological landscape that opens things up again.

In England they just announced they are off the lockdowns and the masks are coming off.

Rich white folk is that in california
England realizes shits about to blow a top

calab said:

Yep. California. I'm fourth generation Californian on my mother's side. And this retirement community is where my mother's mother (grandmother) and grandfather once lived.

So it's a sort of long tradition. My mother is 87 and cannot walk and is also mentally losing it so I'm here to help her end of life situation.

Frankly I'd rather be living in the most rural place I could find especially these days.

Hopefully after my mother passes away I'll get out before all hell breaks loose.

England is reacting to the situation because they are close to breaking apart.

Cant blame england for that but australia is even worse if you saw that old lady being taking away in the paddy wagon, her children must be furious I could not watch the footage. Its not that bad where I am gyms open, movie theaters are open.

Its a very sad society when its encouraged to rat out your neighbor.

SafeDiscDancing said:
calab said:

Yep. California. I'm fourth generation Californian on my mother's side. And this retirement community is where my mother's mother (grandmother) and grandfather once lived.

So it's a sort of long tradition. My mother is 87 and cannot walk and is also mentally losing it so I'm here to help her end of life situation.

Frankly I'd rather be living in the most rural place I could find especially these days.

Hopefully after my mother passes away I'll get out before all hell breaks loose.

England is reacting to the situation because they are close to breaking apart.

I don't know what's up with all the cuckoo bird talk going on here, but I know there's such a thing as a legal e-bike in England and pretty much anywhere else. Couldn't you use one of those? Make yours comply with local standards?

Weird how places differ. I was amazed my first trip to CA, that you could not have a beer on the beach. You have to go into the bars that line the beach. To smoke discreetly, a quick toke on a one hitter is the way to go. They come and stare at you, where the smell is, but you just smile at them. One second the back is turned, another quick one. Never catch you red handed. Worked before cameras anyway.

The only sand beach in NM is a state park, and drink all you want. Cops there are notorious nazis, but crack down only on driving the truck or the boat drunk, or for beer in glass containers. After the huge holiday weekends, the place is pretty squeaky clean, while in CA the beach is littered with all kinds of shit. Then a machine comes and sifts the trash out of the sand every night.

But same state, go to the forest and they trash the shit out of the campgrounds every weekend. Weird how beach campers here pick up after themselves, and forest campers don't.

Chalo said:
I don't know what's up with all the cuckoo bird talk going on here, but I know there's such a thing as a legal e-bike in England and pretty much anywhere else. Couldn't you use one of those? Make yours comply with local standards?

It's not that simple.

This is now a situation of "mob psychology".

Remember when everyone was freaked out about the "Scary Air" and you could not even walk the streets without getting hostile looks?

That peaked and then receeded and today we have maybe 25% who are still in the "Scary Air" mindset.

California just went back into full lockdown mode last week so this has more to do with appearances than realities.

The hate filled "Scary Air" crowd will be 100% of those that rat you out.

And I understand how this security chief is thinking... the last guy (here) tried to shut me down with the security guards themselves and was successful for about six months. But he retired and this is the new head of security and he has adopted a strategy which he proudly published in the local newspaper which would be to use the 25% who love to rat you out as his database... his eyes and ears... to try to discover my patterns of behavior so they could pinpoint when to call in the motorcycle cop so he could sit on the side of the road when I pass by. Then it's the police that bust me.

But that's not all.

The new policy says I never need to actually be caught doing anything illegal only be "perceived" as acting in a "reckless manner" and this will be compiled in a database which they will use to build a case.

Decades ago when I rode motorcycles on the street the police did this to one of my buddies.

What the police did is never try to catch my buddy actually riding. Instead they simply recorded his actions and built up a case of something like 14 examples of him doing things perceived as reckless. They then showed up at his home one day and arrested him. He served one year in prison. Oh... and of course... he was the token black guy in my rich white neighborhood so yeah... racism.

I think I'm pretty good at gauging the mood of things and right now the mob wants blood.

My "hope" is that the White Van guy becomes the Human Sacrifice Ritual that gives the mob mentality the satisfaction they seek.

You see the Human Sacrifice Ritual is the oldest religion... the true origins actually... and when the sacrifice is given the mob gets satisfaction and things calm down.

The wisdom here is to know how to avoid being the victim.

SafeDiscDancing said:
Remember when everyone was freaked out about the "Scary Air" and you could not even walk the streets without getting hostile looks?

That peaked and then receeded and today we have maybe 25% who are still in the "Scary Air" mindset.

California just went back into full lockdown mode last week so this has more to do with appearances than realities.

Oh? Do tell.

Screenshot_20220120-100258.png

Where I am, cases have been at record numbers for days now, and hospitals are pushed to the limit. It's the people who are out partying, shopping, and crowding up without precautions who appear to be at odds with reality. Lots and lots of people getting sick is indeed one way to get through this, but there will be much collateral damage that way.

I don't see the "mindset" you're talking about where I am, but I do see a lot of folks not doing anything to contain the problem.

As for me, I can't work effectively while inhaling my own exhaust and fogging my glasses, so I mostly try keep my distance from others when I can't stay home.

The VARS database has an interesting statistic.

If you compare the data in the "Vaccine Adverse Reaction System" database for the last year to ALL data going back to the 1970's you see that the current numbers are over DOUBLE that whole.

So let me repeat that... in one year since they started these mRNA Spike protein enhancements the adverse reactions in just that time is double all before it. And these are hard data too which are usually under reporting the cases historically.

Yes. Immune systems have been wrecked.

These people are scared.

I have COMPASSION for their fear... but I know the details.

And I live in a retirement community so it's a huge thing here.

In 2020 you never heard a single siren and no one died.

In late 2021 and now 2022 we are hearing a siren every day.

People are dying rapidly now so there is terror.

-------------------

And this is why if I'm out goofing around doing fun stuff on a 28 mph ebike it is perceived as not being respectful for the doom and gloom the immunity destroyed people fear.

They chose that path and it is free will.

But I think I can wait and let this hysteria pass.

Immunity destroyed people? Now you're just chatting nonsense. Don't know what pipe you've been smoking from, but you should give it a break.

Chalo said:
Immunity destroyed people? Now you're just chatting nonsense. Don't know what pipe you've been smoking from, but you should give it a break.

Critical Thinking is:

1) Grammar - The raw evidence.
2) Logic - Your ability to connect the dots as a free thinking individual.
3) Rhetoric - The ability to speak freely without censorship.

That's my discipline.

I'm pretty rare these days.

Don't get me wrong if you're drinking beer in Huntington Beach or Newport Beach or Long Beach they'll give you a ticket and if it's in the glass bottle you get $100 enhancement.

VAERS data is not what RWNJ sites want you to think it is. For example, you can use that data to guess that vaccines don't prevent heart disease, but no one expected that anyway, so it isn't saying much.

I'm still a little fuzzy on the bicycle. You wouldn't be busted by the motorcycle cops or any other law enforcement agency for riding a legal bicycle, right?

Retirement communities are the worst place to live if you ask me.

Covid restrictions pushed me to retire. I was long due but couldn’t let go easily, so it is not a bad thing finally. I am happy to leave dense urban environment, even though I liked the abundance of small shops, restaurants and cafe terrace. Lots of them are closed now anyway, those remaining are severely restricted, many with waiting lines ranging from 20 minutes to an hour.

I decided to live on a boat in the summer, and spend the winter in a mountain chalet near winter sport facilities. Both have the advantage of freedom lifestyle, no close neighbors, and offering a variety of leisure/sport occupations in nature environment.

No police to be seen most of the time. Tourist place with few regular residents. Variety of service and security staff, but they are dedicated to tourism and very friendly.

donn said:
I'm still a little fuzzy on the bicycle. You wouldn't be busted by the motorcycle cops or any other law enforcement agency for riding a legal bicycle, right?

If his riding is anything like his "critical thinking", that would explain the problem nicely.

Chalo said:
If his riding is anything like his "critical thinking", that would explain the problem nicely.

Critical Thinking is not a team sport.

The individual must look at the evidence and then think.

Some naturally "think faster" and history has shown they are either loved or hated.

Conformity and Critical Thinking represent the opposite extremes.

I practice extreme free thinking... very dangerous these days.

MadRhino said:
I decided to live on a boat in the summer, and spend the winter in a mountain chalet near winter sport facilities. Both have the advantage of freedom lifestyle, no close neighbors, and offering a variety of leisure/sport occupations in nature environment.

I like the idea of making a solar powered boat as a live aboard. That is an idea I have been looking at a few years. No worries about needing gasoline.

A mix of boat and land based cabin sounds really good.

SafeDiscDancing said:
Critical Thinking is:

1) Grammar - The raw evidence.
2) Logic - Your ability to connect the dots as a free thinking individual.
3) Rhetoric - The ability to speak freely without censorship.

That's my discipline.

I'm pretty rare these days.

It also seems rare to be riding a legal ebike at legal speeds as not to get in trouble with law enforcement...

SafeDiscDancing said:
In the newspaper story they ask people to rat out anyone having fun (like me) and they invented a whole new database to organize and crack down on my enjoyment.
What exactly are they doing to you?

Back