Power supplies not charging with controller connected

magna_503

10 W
I'm tired of removing the raptor 140 cover and disconnecting my batteries for charging. I picked up an Male xlr cable to wired to 2 meanwell power supplies in series for 50V 14.7a bulk charging. However, when I connected to the system, the meanwell would not turn on and charge the batteries at all. I have to disconnect the batteries from the Controller in order to charge them. So I disconnected the batteries to test if power is going feeding the controller from the power supplies. I was able to run the hub motor perfectly fine. It just wouldn't turn on to charge the batteries at all.
Please let me know if I missed anything that cause the meanwell not turning on when batteries are connected to the controller.

magna_503 said:
I'm tired of removing the raptor 140 cover and disconnecting my batteries for charging. I picked up an Male xlr cable to wired to 2 meanwell power supplies in series for 50V 14.7a bulk charging. However, when I connected to the system, the meanwell would not turn on and charge the batteries at all. I have to disconnect the batteries from the Controller in order to charge them. So I disconnected the batteries to test if power is going feeding the controller from the power supplies. I was able to run the hub motor perfectly fine. It just wouldn't turn on to charge the batteries at all.
Please let me know if I missed anything that cause the meanwell not turning on when batteries are connected to the controller.

Do not run power supplies in series, in general. Use a true 48v charger or you can expect bizarre behavior. You don't know if the outputs are completely floating, if they are stable, or how the protections circuits act when the chargers are in series. Usually his is not how power supplies are meant to be used, stacked in series to a common load.

Back