PV NextGen FOC 100-180v 36kw max - $799

Powervelocity.com said:
Yes, will do that after [...]

Any news on contributing back to the VESC ecosystem with that PR for the boost feature ?
Or was that a "we'll see later in the future, maybe" response, that kind of thing ?

Souvlucky said:
Powervelocity.com said:
Yes, will do that after [...]

Any news on contributing back to the VESC ecosystem with that PR for the boost feature ?
Or was that a "we'll see later in the future, maybe" response, that kind of thing ?

This /\!, I'm about to start a thread specific to vesc boost charging.

Powervelocity.com said:
Yes, please. This is sales thread, not development.

This is a community forum, Vadym.
Your controllers are based on the VESC open-source code, but you seem reluctant to contribute to it?

Last edited:
Bengy22 said:
... Oh nice I wasn't aware it could display all of those features, that's very cool. Do you have any photos of how the handlebar mount would look on a bike? I do know displays like the eggrider are popular due to their small size but I'm more of a show me all the data and a big speed readout guy myself. Now that bigger display with capacitive touch sounds exactly like what I would want. Would these displays only work with your controllers or other vesc's as well?

Here it comes! Large displays are now officially an option! Not just one size fits it all but different sizes from 2 to 7 inches available with a nice responsive intuitive touch (easy one-two touch menu navigation - no buttons to click through), likely the most advanced display for its application. I'll post detailed specs in a separate thread but here are a few highlights:

- Hi Res 800x480 display, 4.3 and 7 inch versions features in the video below, capacitive touch (phone touch feel), IPS panel (vivid color and great viewing angles) with the quality and power enough to run video;
- Wireless comm to the controller over Bluetooth or wired UART - either works with a pass-through option for the phone connection (meaning the display and phone can be connected at the same time);
- currently all VESC versions supported but other protocols can be added later;
- Seamless over-the-air new functionality addition and updates via WiFi connection;
- On board SD card slot for logging.

More details will be posted in a separate thread. Expected availability - end of February 2023.

Last edited:
That's exciting, currently my big bike build is on hold while I save up funds and to be honest my bbshd at almost 4kw isn't no slouch so I haven't been in too much of a rush. One thing I really don't like though on my bbshd bike is that the display doesn't show the motor temp, and when you push 4x the rated power stuff gets hot haha. I have the controller set to automatically roll back the power but I like to be in the know instead of guessing what temps I'm at. And then I remembered the watch project you have for vesc and how it would be exactly what I need which is a little ironic considering my original dismissal on it personally. Assuming it does show the motor temp and not the controllers temp. Is it something you sell and can give me a price? Thank you!

For the motor temperature to show, you would need a temperature sensor on the motor coils and the wires running back to thee controller (typically bundled with hall sensor wires). Assuming your controller runs a vesc firmware and the type of a sensor is configured correctly, the motor temperature data is already sent in the data stream and you can read it using any BLE enabled device such as a phone (assuming your controller has a BLE adapter). The watch as well as displays above use BLE to connect to controllers, so they would read the same data. Regarding the pricing, please PM. No worries about dismissals, I get that all the time, that's normal.

A quick update: NextGen controllers now have built-in pre-charge and hi-voltage connect/disconnect features for additional safety.
Based on modified version of Fechter inrush control circuit discussed here:

Hi PowerVelocity. I been waiting a long time for you to send the controller as you promised. what is the problem?
Johan Miquel

Back