Rize Secondary 52V battery charging and using for other ebikes

sonoaatta

100 µW
I have secondary rize battery 52v, purchased separately, this is an addition not the main one, It was in storage for about 6month and it was never used.

My plan was to use this rize battery for another ebike project that I am working on. However i discovered that rize use their own plugs, which is fine, I believe this can be modified.

The led on the battery show full green, and the discharge port is 52V, isnt it suppose to be 58V when it is fully charged?

My problem I found, is with the charging port it is only measuring 15V, while the discharge port is 52V, if I measure from positive of the charging to negative of the discharge it shows 52V. Also the battery measures 25V when the switch on the battery is turn off.

I am not sure if this is normal with Rize batteries? I do not have the official charger from rize, but the charger I have is The Satiator from grin, a programable charger, the problem is that the charger does not charge with default settings, because the charging port only showing 15V, I can modify the setting to charge with lower voltages, would that be safe to start at 15V?

The charging port has 3 pins on the battery, would rize have their own tech to charge the batteries at lower voltages?

I appreciate any help or suggestions.

If the charge port of a battery only reads a very low voltage while the discharge port reads higher, it may mean the charge port has been shut off by the BMS because of a problem with it. This would also explain why it is not charging to the full voltage for a 14s pack (assuming your charger is set to the correct voltage).

If the satiator won't start on it's own because the BMS has not turned on the charge port, you can try "force start" on the Satiator (hold the down arrow button on the Satiator display until it starts). If you don't see the amps on the charger screen increase from zero, then the battery is not allowing charge.

If the Rize battery has communication ports on charge or discharge ports, then it may not be possible to charge it with anything other than their charger, or to use it on any bike / controller other than the one it came with (unless you replace the BMS in the battery with a generic type).

Back