Sabvoton doesnt start up anymore, had sparks at hub

Soulman

1 µW
Dear Endlessphere

My trusty old sabvoton which was going strong for a couple of years does not want to start up anymore. Better said, it tries to start up, the red led blinks 1 time fast then shuts back off, 2 sec later same scenario repeats into eternity.

Specs: Controller setup to work @ 12S 44.4v 50 amps, Battery consists of recycled laptop cells @ 44.4v 30Ah

Https://youtu.be/kEhLjIIzOgw

Have had torquearm failure 2 months ago but did not see any change in behaivour, until now. Went riding in some rough patches in the forest and suddenly when i throttled i heard a loud spark at the torquearm. When after that, i pushed the bike manually, i felt the motor holding back like i was regening eventhough i was just walking besides it (without regen).

I tried to restart the bike and throttle slowly, which it did. But a couple meters farther when i was coasting I regend and a second spark occurred. To be clear the spark was beside me so i heard a spark, where the phase and hallwires exit the hub. After that i was not able to start up the bike anymore. I have included a photo of the board.

Ive heard sabvoton, especially when setup to run at half power like mine are pretty solidproof. (60150 if i remember correctly) But is there any chance a short could have occur where the torquearm failure was and thus caused damage inside the sabvoton so it cant startup?

Im thinking this because, when disconnecting the phase and hall sensor wires from the sabvoton, with all the rest still attached (battery + and -, throttle, brake and powerswitch), i get the same red blink scenario. So if im right i removed the hub and its wires from the equation right? Does this mean the sabvoton whent toast because of it? I have a spare motor its the controller if have only one of.

Image of the board

https://ibb.co/HdXzD79

Better times;
https://youtu.be/XzzCHVtedaw

Batterywise it is fine since i have 2 and i have tested them seperately. One 30Ah with recycled laptopcels and another 45ah with brand new 18650s, (both without bms) and after testing both of them everything seems to be fine on batteryside.

Any ideas what could point me in the right direction?

MadRhino said:
Fried mosfets, due to a short on phase wires circuit.

Tested high and low side with DMM set at 20k;
Positive with yellow green and blue was 3.68, 3.86, 3.71
Negative with same was 3.45, 3.23, 3.77

Back