Settings file for Sevcon Gen4 to mate with me0913 ?

pm_dawn

100 W
Hi !

I'm going to try to mate a Sevcon gen4 controller with a me0913 motor.
Does anybody have a settings file for the Sevcon with the specs of the me0913 already tuned?

I'm replacing a Kelly controller (KHB72701).

I'm running about 85v (25 lifepo4)
The Sevcon is the 80v size4 (350A peak).

I've got the IXXAT CAN module and Drive wizard, so all the software should be in place,
but to speed things up further it would be really nice to have a settings file to base our tuning on.

The Kelly has been horribel when it comes to starting torque, there is just nothing there.
I have tried everything with it. Last week I flashed it with the latest firmware, but to no effect.
The starting phase current I got from it with every dial pegged to max and the throttle ramp set to LUNATIC FAST MF was a whopping 35A before it self protects.
Max phase amps ever recorded with the controller is 310A, that was last summer.
This spring the car would not back out of the garage because of a small incline.......
We towed the car out of the garage and it was able to move on flat ground and if the motor revs up a little, phase amps are increasing.
But this year the max was about 220A.

BTW the battery pack if just fine there is virtually no sag at all.
its a 100ah Sinopoly, so its not the batterypack going bad over the vinter.

I'm hoping that the Sevcon can do better !
Any one with some experience with the Sevcon/me0913 combo?

Best Regards
/Per

Not that good.
Started to do the ampseal connector.
What a pain in the a$$.

Crimped all connectors for the Ampseal last night and was about to put it together.
At that moment I found out I had been using the wrong connector.
So I ordered a new set of the correct connector recepticals.

So no real progress during the weekend.
Also been gräsänkling with three kids this weekend so not that much time to do stuff.

Gonna be at it again this weekend. It's a long one you know.

REgards
/Per

The stuff is not working at all.

I had huge problems with the software to start with, I had a dual port IXXAT Professional USB-CAN converter. That did not work with the DVT software.
Had to order a new converter. 300$, Has not gotten that to work yet, a very helpful guy in the west of sweden lent me his IXXAT Compact. So at last I got the communication to work.

Now to the programming part, WHAT A MESS!!!!
Half bad software that hangs now and then.
Not that self explaining GUI, in any way.

Tried to base my config on a file I got from a guy with a motorcycle with similar voltage and so on.

Did not work that well. finally got all the faults ironed out. The motor would spin very slowly.....
It kind of made some wierd noice from the motor at startup.
It would fault out with over current at startup if I had max I set over 300A.
All kind of strange faults.

I got a new FW loaded into it and made some more tests.
Had some more luck and got it to spin the wheels a bit faster, the car was on jacks so I decided to lower it and take it for a spin.
NO WAY, it would just jerk and make a lot of noice.

Has any one had these problems. Is it the hall sensor feedback getting all messed up.
Could it be the motor that is burnt ?

Any one have a good way of measuring the motor ?

Open for all suggestions.....

Regards
/Per

would somebody be willing to send me the DCF's for this config as well ?

Back