Solved Why is my 2nd hand 32s 300A Ant BMS balancing all the cells

floydr

100 W
If an administrator could move this into battery technology I would appreciate it , Thanks floyd
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am trying to get balance to turn off. IT is an old old Ant 32s 300A BMs set up on a 25s EV module which is well balanced 3mV here are my settings and the cell voltagesIMG_20231024_100318741 copy.jpegIMG_20231024_100211423 copy.jpeg
What did I set wrong?
Also somewhere between the time I received the bms and now the temperature sensor connector disappeared.
I thought I posted this in battery technology forum. any way it will be for a larger Honda motorcycle PC800
later floyd

Last edited:
IMG_20231027_121803318.jpgIMG_20231027_121734023.jpg
I reset the BMS to factory specifications and no more balancing. I changed totalvoltage protect , Cellhigh voltageAlarm , totallowvoltage protect. Seems I triggered balancing when i messed around with the settings. Going to charge it now.
Later floyd

Likely was the problem, all fixed now with a reset to factory specs. Probably my fingers hit the screen and inadvertently changed that setting Cause I don't think I changed it. Now to make a charging Cable for the battery
later floyd

I jinked myself :( all was going good even charged the battery up a bit. I noticed my wiring was looking like a rats nest so I decided to clean it up. Promptly broke a connection to a cell. While Finding the cell with the broken connection the ribbon cable on the battery got hot. So I pulled all the connections. Wouldn't be so bad if I had the matching male connector for the ribbon cable connector. There is a part number in super tiny letters So I will be starting over again at some point.
Later floyd
IMG_20231028_125341871.jpg

Back