TSDZ Motor and cables under Bottom bracket

IrlDaveBlue

10 mW
Hi,
Can anybody advise whether the current location of the cables under the bottom bracket in the photo, will cause a problem when installing a Tongsheng mid-drive TSDZ motor?

The bike is a Giant Escape 0.

Giant-Bottom-Bracket.jpg

The cables are for the hydraulic rear brake, and the gear shifter.

Is there some way to tell whether there will be enough clearance without having to move the cables, or will this be a matter of trying to fit on the motor, and find out at that stage?

If I do have to move the cables, does anyone have experience of doing this, and any suggestions how to go about it?

I am a complete newbie to bicycle maintenance. I live in Ireland and have not found any bicycle shops that have installed a Tongsheng TSDZ motor.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Attachments

• Giant-Bottom-Bracket.jpg
    Giant-Bottom-Bracket.jpg
    379.6 KB · Views: 289
Yes you'll almost certainly have to move that plastic bracket and the cables under the bb. I'm also not sure about the unusual way the downtube meets the bb and whether that's going to get in the way. The only way to see is to try it really..

As for routing the cables - the rear gear cable will need putting in a single sheath from the shifter all the way to the last point where it comes out of the sheath and pulls on the derailleur. Tbh you'll probably get rid of the front derailleur so you don't need to worry about that. If the existing brake cable/sheath is long enough then you can just route that elsewhere and hold in place with cable-ties - otherwise you'll need to get a longer cable/sheath and route it.

Thanks Beemac,
So it sounds like I will route the cables for the hydraulic rear brake and the gear shifter outside the downtube and just hold
them in place with cable ties.

Fingers crossed the downtube won't get in the way where it beets the bb.

I will post a reply after the motor arrives and I try it out.

Best Wishes,
Dave

Back